The opposite sex are lucky because....

Yep, she owned it, that's for sure. I have no idea what treatments there are (if any), but she didn't let it bother her, or if it did, she didn't let on.

There are no real treatments for PCOS currently. It causes weight gain which makes symptoms worse ( and also makes it hard to lose same weight) so usually weight loss is adviced if the woman is overweight but when the weight is lost that doesn't guarantee PCOS will get better.
That's why the women who have it just need to learn to accept their hair or remove it by laser if it makes them feel insecure.

There are no real treatments for PCOS currently. It causes weight gain which makes symptoms worse ( and also makes it hard to lose same weight) so usually weight loss is adviced if the woman is overweight but when the weight is lost that doesn't guarantee PCOS will get better.
That's why the women who have it just need to learn to accept their hair or remove it by laser if it makes them feel insecure.

I had a classmate with that problem, poor thing, she had lots of frustrations about it.. she starts to change a bit her feeding, taking medicines, laser, working on herself..things changed a little bit, but she said once to me that she didn’t want to go outside anymore because of it

I had a classmate with that problem, poor thing, she had lots of frustrations about it.. she starts to change a bit her feeding, taking medicines, laser, working on herself..things changed a little bit, but she said once to me that she didn’t want to go outside anymore because of it

Sorry for her, I understand how she felt. But if I let my disabilities and physical damage rule me, I would have no life at all. So once I realised that, I decided to just live.
People stare at me, they sometimes call me names when my skin disorder ( psoriasis) is bad. But I am who I am and my body is the result of illness, and I wont stop enjoying life because of some idiots.

I will never forget that one episode of NCIS where Tony was really attracted to a park ranger, until she bent her leg in a way that caused her pants leg to come up some and he saw her hairy legs. The look on his face! :roflmao:

For some reason, now that I am in my sixties, hair no longer grows on my legs. Not at all. Not complaining... just noting.

For some reason, now that I am in my sixties, hair no longer grows on my legs. Not at all. Not complaining... just noting.

Mine still grows, but it's much, much, much sparser. Unfortunately, I started growing chin hairs, which are immediately plucked. My hair is not as thick either, although I still have thicker hair than most. My daughter shaves practically the whole lower half of her head so that her hair is not so thick.

Last edited:
Here's a weird thing - leg/underarm hair on a woman has never really bothered me, but going to the local shops and seeing some guy in a sleeveless t-shirt (or no shirt) with a big bunch of armpit hair sticking out makes me want to barf. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I did work with a woman who, I think, must have had a hair growth disorder, because that woman was hairy. There's hairy, and then there's hairy, and she was hairier than that.
If my husband can take the time to manscape for me, the least I can do is reciprocate and make sure that everything is smooth and tidy for him.

If my husband can take the time to manscape for me, the least I can do is reciprocate and make sure that everything is smooth and tidy for him.
I wanted to give you a laugh, like, love, and wow emoji, but I had to just settle for the laugh. :)

Now that I'm in my 50's, the hair that was on my legs jumped right over my butt and landed all over my back. :eek:

I don't fart. Having no colon has it's benefits :laugh:
I'm reminded that due to cancer surgery, my FIL had no bellybutton, and took great joy in showing people. :)

Sorry for her, I understand how she felt. But if I let my disabilities and physical damage rule me, I would have no life at all. So once I realised that, I decided to just live.
People stare at me, they sometimes call me names when my skin disorder ( psoriasis) is bad. But I am who I am and my body is the result of illness, and I wont stop enjoying life because of some idiots.
That's incredibly rude and insensitive. Were these adults or little children mocking you?

It's so odd how we develop certain stereotypes about people in other countries; I could see that happening in the US because often I think of all the rude people in American society and how uncouth they are, and think how wonderful it would be if I were around polite society such as the citizens of most European and other countries. And then I read something like you wrote and realize that there are peanuts everywhere.

I am glad you are a strong and sensible person and don't let that bother you.

Edited because the forum changes a$$h0lEs to peanuts. Go figure.

Last edited:
A lady I was on a schoolcommittee with had hair all black and bushy, she was also my sons scout leader, very butch, but married to this wee weed of a guy. I always felt sorry for him. I can only imagine the bush down below. I have hair that grows out my ears,I looked in the mirror last night and said to my wife, you need to tell me when they need trimming. I used my wee battery tool to shave unwanted hairs.
Like medtran49 my wife also gets chin hairs, for about a nano second. The horror?

Russ

Me too. Well, its a lot less everywhere including my head. I used to have huge great hanks of hair on my head before so even though its thinned its still kind of OK. I suppose its hormonal. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom