The opposite sex are lucky because....

And then I read something like you wrote and realize that there are peanuts everywhere.
I am one of three brothers, only two now as my big brother died a few years ago. My parents sent us to a Welsh School just across the border. My Dad in his youth in London was a skilled amateurs middle weight boxer, at the time of Mosely's thugs he needed and used that skill. We were enrolled into a boxing club very early on in our childhood. I was not much good because if anyone clipped me I lost my temper and defense. To marry my father my mother had to leave her catholic faith and convert. She did this secretly to appease my Dads parents. My Dad an atheist Jew went ballistic and removed us all to the North West. When my Mum enrolled us in school she did not want to put atheist as their belief so she put down Judaism. We became the Christ killers. Before this started we did not even know we were technically Jews .
Historically north Wales always had Roma communities, we had three Roma brothers in the school, one had Alopecia areata, until we arrived they were vulnerable lonely and the butt of bad abuse. With the son of my Dads gardener ( German WW2 prisoner) Wolfgang Horst Schimanky or as they called him adolf we went to war.
Roma are very interesting people. Mum asked us to bring our friends home for tea. Wolfy came but Hugh the eldest refused for them. As usual I lost my temper and wanted to know why. It was because our dog was allowed in the house, the Roma think this is unclean and disgusting. I have some sympathy with their views.

I am one of three brothers, only two now as my big brother died a few years ago. My parents sent us to a Welsh School just across the border. My Dad in his youth in London was a skilled amateurs middle weight boxer, at the time of Mosely's thugs he needed and used that skill. We were enrolled into a boxing club very early on in our childhood. I was not much good because if anyone clipped me I lost my temper and defense. To marry my father my mother had to leave her catholic faith and convert. She did this secretly to appease my Dads parents. My Dad an atheist Jew went ballistic and removed us all to the North West. When my Mum enrolled us in school she did not want to put atheist as their belief so she put down Judaism. We became the Christ killers. Before this started we did not even know we were technically Jews .
Historically north Wales always had Roma communities, we had three Roma brothers in the school, one had Alopecia areata, until we arrived they were vulnerable lonely and the butt of bad abuse. With the son of my Dads gardener ( German WW2 prisoner) Wolfgang Horst Schimanky or as they called him adolf we went to war.
Roma are very interesting people. Mum asked us to bring our friends home for tea. Wolfy came but Hugh the eldest refused for them. As usual I lost my temper and wanted to know why. It was because our dog was allowed in the house, the Roma think this is unclean and disgusting. I have some sympathy with their views.

I'm the middle brother as well. My cousin married a boxer, a nz champion, unfortunately he used my cousin as practice. He passed recently in ozzy. He bought us all gloves as kids and taught us how to look after ourselves. No one ever bothered me growing up, or since. But he was a mongrel beating on a woman. I sent my son to jimmy dicksons gym here to learn, being small it helped him a lot. He's a south paw btw.

Russ

Y
I'm the middle brother as well. My cousin married a boxer, a nz champion, unfortunately he used my cousin as practice. He passed recently in ozzy. He bought us all gloves as kids and taught us how to look after ourselves. No one ever bothered me growing up, or since. But he was a mongrel beating on a woman. I sent my son to jimmy dicksons gym here to learn, being small it helped him a lot. He's a south paw btw.

Russ
you can giggle my cousins ex .... Bernie pope. Nz boxer. But his funeral tributes never mentioned he beat his wife.!!!!

Russ

Sorry for her, I understand how she felt. But if I let my disabilities and physical damage rule me, I would have no life at all. So once I realised that, I decided to just live.
People stare at me, they sometimes call me names when my skin disorder ( psoriasis) is bad. But I am who I am and my body is the result of illness, and I wont stop enjoying life because of some idiots.

This does you credit, you have all my esteem, definitely.
But you also know that some people simply can’t cope with that, their efforts become too much, life becomes too much for their fragile souls.
Consider also the age she had at that time (about 13), where personality is still building.
Anyway, I’ve never left her alone, she always had my support, and the best thing I could do was simply be myself and not treat her like “someone special, someone to care because it’s a poor thing”.

This does you credit, you have all my esteem, definitely.
But you also know that some people simply can’t cope with that, their efforts become too much, life becomes too much for their fragile souls.
Consider also the age she had at that time (about 13), where personality is still building.
Anyway, I’ve never left her alone, she always had my support, and the best thing I could do was simply be myself and not treat her like “someone special, someone to care because it’s a poor thing”.

That's great that you did that 😍 you sound like a good friend

That's incredibly rude and insensitive. Were these adults or little children mocking you?

It's so odd how we develop certain stereotypes about people in other countries; I could see that happening in the US because often I think of all the rude people in American society and how uncouth they are, and think how wonderful it would be if I were around polite society such as the citizens of most European and other countries. And then I read something like you wrote and realize that there are peanuts everywhere.

I am glad you are a strong and sensible person and don't let that bother you.

Oh they are mostly adults that are older than me or young adults.

Most recent one was a boomer aged lady that asked if a can of paint had fallen on my head when my hair was still bright red.
Before that someone in a bus asked if THAT ( pointing at the psoriasis on my arm) was contagious.
Dutch people are known for being rude, so I would attribute this to a rather unpleasant side of our ' honesty' culture.
Definitely not all European nations are as civil as the Brits.

I have gotten used to the comments and don't mind them much, and since I am confident it's been a long time since someone said something. And when they do, they can expect a sassy reply. It was way worse when I was still insecure about myself, that seemed to bring out the vultures.

He's a south paw btw.
Mate I only fought one "wrong un " in the ring at a local club tournament. Knowledge of your opponent was not heard of at that level. The ref stopped it early in round three. My defense was never that good but against a wrong un I spent round two running with my face in my gloves.

Bloody hell mate, that image will stick with me for hours.
My brother is of the age that he experienced the 1970's in his mid-teens to mid-20's.

It got to the point over the last decade or so, when he'd get a little too drunk, and knowing the younger women's proclivity for denuding their naughty bits, he'd start on a trip down memory lane, that almost always ended with him near tears, longing for the days when the women were more...natural.

One particular session, he got particularly worked up over it, and loudly cried out in anguish, "I just want to know...WHATEVER HAPPENED TO '70's BUSH?!?! HUH?!?!"

For his birthday that year, I wrote him a song, filled with double entendres, called "Whatever Happened To You ('70's Bush)," and performed it at his little celebration cookout.

It made him cry. :laugh:

I seriously had to reread the subject of this thread...it seems that no one is really lucky as we get older (and that seems to describe everyone who posts on this forum). So, a song that has put a smile on my face for many years. My enjoyment of the song has evolved as I've gotten older, particularly lately, and especially the opening line:

I seriously had to reread the subject of this thread...it seems that no one is really lucky as we get older (and that seems to describe everyone who posts on this forum). So, a song that has put a smile on my face for many years. My enjoyment of the song has evolved as I've gotten older, particularly lately, and especially the opening line:

We just need to celebrate waking up in the morning, a lot don't. I'm happy with my life to date. Health and good friends and family. I'm sweet! :)

Russ

I have always appreciated women in business..........okay I will get my coat.

I couldn't see that video, I'll have to search for it.

I think luck is relative or at least conditional.

Yes, I've had a few health issues over the last few years but they've been dealt with and I feel great.

I see so many of my school friends who've died or are physically inactive because of illness or their own lifestyle choices.

I can still climb down the cliffs to go fishing and climb back up.

I'm happily married with children and grandchildren.

I own my own house, and while I will never be wealthy I am financially comfortable and will be going forwards into retirement.

Of course, who knows what's around the corner? But i refuse to worry about what might happen but I do have fallback plans for what could happen.

My outlook on life is;

I have no control over getting older but I simply refuse to get old.

I couldn't see that video, I'll have to search for it.

My outlook on life is;

Here's the direct link to the video (Mother's Little Helper by the Rolling Stones)

View: https://youtu.be/QAszapI0unE

Opening lyrics: What a drag it is getting old.
My outlook on life is;

Beautiful sentiment. I look at things the same way: why age yourself even faster by worrying about something you can't control? I do still like that song, however. :)

Back
Top Bottom