The Oscars

Do you watch the Academy Awards? Have a movie-themed menu or party, or nibbles? Do you have a favorite movie etc. you want to win?

The Smoke House restaurant across the street from Warner Bros is a fun place to watch the Oscars. Reasonably priced food, solid menu Old Hollywood character is in the bones of the building.
Best place to see famous people as well any day of the week.
We sit at the bar and watch.
It was better when they televised the trades getting their Oscars too IMHO. That part is now a separate, non televised event.

In the TMZ (thirty mile zone) it's the only award that really means anything that people really want. Seems this year they finally addressed everyone's complaints.

One time last year time I was there with my son having Lunch.
We were wearing Lucas oil T shirts we got free from a friend that sells the stuff.
Luke Perry walked up to us and asked where he could get a shirt for him and his son. Both name Lucas.

The Smoke House restaurant across the street from Warner Bros is a fun place to watch the Oscars. Reasonably priced food, solid menu Old Hollywood character is in the bones of the building.
Best place to see famous people as well any day of the week.
We sit at the bar and watch.
It was better when they televised the trades getting their Oscars too IMHO. That part is now a separate, non televised event.

In the TMZ (thirty mile zone) it's the only award that really means anything that people really want. Seems this year they finally addressed everyone's complaints.

One time last year time I was there with my son having Lunch.
We were wearing Lucas oil T shirts we got free from a friend that sells the stuff.
Luke Perry walked up to us and asked where he could get a shirt for him and his son. Both name Lucas.
The Smokehouse rocks. They had the best garlic bread on the planet. Used to take an order out for lunch. The prime rib wasn't too shabby either. A locals (like me) hangout, & next door to Bob Hope's golf course. They used to display their menus over the years, going back to when a steak was about $5 lol. Haven't been there in years.

Last edited:
The Smokehouse rocks. They had the best garlic bread on the planet. Used to take an order out for lunch. The prime rib wasn't too shabby either. A locals (like me) hangout, & next door to Bob Hope's golf course. They used to display their menus over the years, going back to when a steak was about $5 lol. Haven't been there in years.
The menu is still priced reasonable. Thursday’s the menu is discounted even more. If you’re a regular they put another discount on top all that.
Gary the bartender has the distinction of appearing on the Tonight Show more than any other person.

Last edited:
The menu is still priced reasonable. Thursday’s food is discounted even more. If you’re a regular they put another discount on top all that.
Gary the bartender has the distinction of appearing on the Tonight Show more than any other person.

Never met him, but recall our contacts at the tonight show like Freddy de cordova and Peter lassaly (sp), to name a few. Old history. Lol

Two great actors somewhat over looked over the years that are finally getting the recognition they deserve:
They both should have received Oscars for this roll:

I watched some of it. They were naming contestants, but they kept on show blasted commercials after each time!! Then someone told me that the whole thing airs until the end of the month!! Forget it!! I'm not watching that!!! So boring!!!! :mad::headshake:
I have all but eliminated watching any TV with commercials. Can't stand 'em. :banghead:

Don't feel bad. I keep hearing that Game of Thrones is the most popular show in the world, but I still have a hard time finding anyone who wants to talk about it.
I got an idea @The Late Night Gourmet . Lets create a thread with GoT themed recipes like "Ned Stark Head on a Stick" or "Jon Snow Back from Dead Smoothie".

Back
Top Bottom