The Paleo Diet

Pretty much. He is an odd specimen but his followers are devotet and he does appear to have helped people lose weight and improve their lives.
Odd I think is an understatement. But his track record is wonderful. I forget whether he started in the late 70's or early 80's.

I need to lose a lot of weight. I'm overweight and my doctor is getting concerned about my health in particular type 2 diabetes which runs in the family. I've also got high blood pressure and well, I'm lazy and lethargic. I don't like calorie counting, I'm no good at portion control and easy what I want when I want. I've heard I can do this on a Paleo Diet and don't need to calorie watch. I like the idea of eating what I want, when I want but what is the Paleo Diet please? How do I go about it? Does anyone else here follow it or know anything about it please? Is it just another tad diet or is it genuine?

Your best bet is to go to the British Diabetic Association web site, especially https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/Managing-your-diabetes/Healthy-eating/ They explain things really well and have got some good recipes.

To lost weight my personal suggestion is Mediterranean diet. You can change something, for example spelt pasta or whole wheat pasta instead of durum wheat pasta. No butter but extra Virgin oil, honey instead of sugar, or at least brown sugar. Walk for half an hour every day and willpower.

Back
Top Bottom