The relaxing non judgemental random thoughts thread

Don't know if it's off-topic, but it has something to do with resilience.
In my restaurant shifts, I'm repeatedly getting really nervous, kinda angry and screw things up more, after either I'm doing a small mistake or somebody else. This can go for some minutes or half an hour.
I tried breathing to calm my nerves but it's not working well.

Concentration and focus. Slow down a bit. The breathing will help, but it's not the unique solution. Stand back and just reflect on what you've done, then ensure you never do it again. We all make mistakes; in fact, that's part of the learning process, so there's no point in getting mad about them.

Don't know if it's off-topic, but it has something to do with resilience.
In my restaurant shifts, I'm repeatedly getting really nervous, kinda angry and screw things up more, after either I'm doing a small mistake or somebody else. This can go for some minutes or half an hour.
I tried breathing to calm my nerves but it's not working well.
Enjoy the moment. Nerves are usually produced by fear..fear is usually produced by your imagination of what bad things could happen in the future..so, in essence, it isn't real..more often, nothing ever happens..just be happy with what you are doing in the moment, at the present time, and don't look ahead too much..it is only your imagination..
Create some places in your mind, thoughts that are good in your life..when you feel negative, go to those places..your friends, family, food, etc...good memories..you can choose what you want to think about so think about good things..

I hate dealing with social expectations combined with chronic illness. I really want to be there for people, but I just can't always be available! It's so frustrating, makes me feel like a bad friend. I hate being late replying to things, but my condition combined with the current heatwave just takes all my mental energy out of me. I feel brainfogged constantly, can't focus well at all.
I'm sorry guys! I do love you :hug:

I hate dealing with social expectations combined with chronic illness. I really want to be there for people, but I just can't always be available! It's so frustrating, makes me feel like a bad friend. I hate being late replying to things, but my condition combined with the current heatwave just takes all my mental energy out of me. I feel brainfogged constantly, can't focus well at all.
Absolutely no one thinks you are a bad friend. I know that you have serious health issues that cause you fatigue (both mentally and physically) and I can only imagine that the heat makes it worse. So, when you don't have the energy to email or PM me, I never think badly of you. Please don't further stress yourself out, we love you!
:hug::wave:

Create some places in your mind, thoughts that are good in your life..when you feel negative, go to those places..your friends, family, food, etc...good memories..you can choose what you want to think about so think about good things..
They're already there, I just can't acces them while being in the fight or flight state. And i don’t know how often I should visit them. My therapist and online sources (trained therapists on yt) mentioned to find a healthy balance between good and bad emotions. So I should get both, not just positive, as there's even a therapy for people that are trying to have only positive emotions.

I like to think about how much I've grown in the kitchen over the past 2 years and I keep track in journal of repetitive bad feelings.

Sure. I’m not either of those things. Just sharing what works for me. ….sometimes .

I’ve been in the kitchen for 37 years and I still have bad anxiety sometimes. It’s natural. Fear of failure, anger for being in these situations to begin wth. Lol. I’ve often wondered if changing careers would have reduced these episodes.

Sure. I’m not either of those things. Just sharing what works for me. ….sometimes .

I’ve been in the kitchen for 37 years and I still have bad anxiety sometimes. It’s natural. Fear of failure, anger for being in these situations to begin wth. Lol. I’ve often wondered if changing careers would have reduced these episodes.
No stage fright when performing music? Or does a few beers take the edge off there? Not like you can cook and handle sharp knives under the influence, at least in a professional setting. I have to admit I rather like drinking wine while I am cooking, but I have never cooked professionally.

No stage fright when performing music? Or does a few beers take the edge off there? Not like you can cook and handle sharp knives under the influence, at least in a professional setting. I have to admit I rather like drinking wine while I am cooking, but I have never cooked professionally.
I don’t drink at work or playing music. Maybe one during or after a gig. I’m not at my best after a drink or two and there is always driving involved. Lol

I don’t drink at work or playing music. Maybe one during or after a gig. I’m not at my best after a drink or two and there is always driving involved. Lol
Ah, I didn't realize you all drove separately. Long gone are the days of everyone piling into a van and loading/unloading? I can sing just fine intoxicated and somehow manage to remember the lyrics, but my guitar playing isn't great when I am tipsy. I can also play darts and pool quite well when drunk (up to a point).

It’s pretty much a job these day. As we get older there isn’t much of a party. Most guys take it seriously. We show up, play, have a few laughs and go home. The days of booze, drugs and groupies are long gone. Now it’s talking about our health and what movies guys have seen. Lol. It’s enough to drive a man to drink.

Being a drummer, it becomes very obvious very quickly if you have a few under the belt.

Best thing I learnt from a dale Carnegie course, donr worry it may never happen. What's the worst that could happen?
I dont worry about anything now. I try to instil.in my grandkids.
Eldest granddaughter (13) has been caught bullying. Her and her new found friend.
I warned my son after comments she made when last stayed the night.
My son told the parent to ring the cops. Give them a scare. Shes grounded for a month.

Wednesday lunch is off as she has no phone.

Kids huh?

Russ

My friend posted this on Facebook, I really like it and I think you will too:
288316E6-82E9-4971-B4E5-D16469B80CF5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom