The secret to light and fluffy omelettes and scrambled eggs.

Here is an example of my scrambled eggs. A little cream or milk added. Cold butter stirred through at the end. And super yellow yolked eggs!

Agreed. See above - in America scrambled eggs tend to be more cooked.

Americans are a diverse people, often many being entirely new citizens. It's really not an easy thing to say what Americans like or dislike. Perhaps, commercials and some restaurants may suggest some things. But in reality, some like soft Scrambled Eggs and Omelettes, and some don't.

Diversity for me, is a powerful and wonderful thing. It allows for a great wealth of possibilities. And it allows for one sector of the American economic community to excel, when another may be in decline, so buoying up things overall. It's something that even a lot of Americans fail to appreciate. I am very cosmopolitan and tolerant about social differences in the USA, because I see the diversity and its values.

Americans are a diverse people, often many being entirely new citizens. It's really not an easy thing to say what Americans like or dislike. Perhaps, commercials and some restaurants may suggest some things. But in reality, some like soft Scrambled Eggs and Omelettes, and some don't.

I agree entirely! I was basing what I said on photos I've seen of scrambled eggs from the USA, including those from forum members. I'm sure there is a diversity in approach as there is in the UK. Its simply that the most often way scrambled eggs seem to be cooked is rather more set than in the UK.

I agree entirely! I was basing what I said on photos I've seen of scrambled eggs from the USA, including those from forum members. I'm sure there is a diversity in approach as there is in the UK. Its simply that the most often way scrambled eggs seem to be cooked is rather more set than in the UK.
My mom would be the far end of the spectrum. She likes all the curds to be cooked hard and separated, so it's like eating a plate of yellow pebbles. Her preferred way to eat them is to smash the little curds under her fork, where they stick, and then do that until she's gathered a forkful.

My wife hates cream, I used to put a big in scrambled eggs but she asked me not to as it upsets her tummy. I cook similar to mg, I take the pan off the element when it's still runny, and keep stirring until almost set, this takes the heat off the eggs so they don't keep,cooking. It's a fine line as mg will say!
I don't like scrambled eggs but I do love an omelette.

Russ

I have traveled extensively by road in America. American Diner breakfasts are 90% horrendous when it comes to scrambled eggs. I learned very quickly to get my eggs fried over easy. The other patron seem to like them.

1606386218516.png

"Speaking of things that might not be what they seem, sources revealed diners often use powdered eggs when making pretty much any egg dish where there isn't an obvious white and a yolk. Powdered eggs are a lot cheaper, and most customers can't tell the difference.

This is true of most if not all diners, from the fanciest joints to the dreariest dives. Waiter Jake Blanton noted "even at the best breakfast buffet in the world, 99 times out of 100, the big pan of scrambled eggs is made from a powder."

If you have no problem eating powdered eggs as long as they taste good, then go right ahead, but those with allergies may want to be wary. As a 2015 article said, "dried eggs also contain additives and other artificial ingredients. Among those ingredients are often fillers like gluten, which can be a problem if you are gluten intolerant." "

Read More: Foods you should never order from a diner

Last edited by a moderator:
eggs scrambled no milk.jpg

This is this morning's scrambled eggs. I forgot the milk this time so I will mix that in, tomorrow, and post that. There are 2 eggs, 0.5-1 ounce of Havarti cheese, and a sprinkling or so of sprouts.

Eggs are gently folded over and over, without that terrible Gordon Ramsey frenetic behavior that to me ruins scrambled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom