The sock thread

My sock-wearing habits are if I’m leaving the house, I have socks on, if I’m outside working, socks on. If I’m in the house, barefoot.

I love socks. I’ve got a couple hundred pair that I rotate through.

Wow, you never fail to amaze me.

I wear socks with shoes, but NEVER with my Birkies (sandals).

CD

Remember that (usually) I live in the tropics.
Just looking at a sock makes my feet perspire, so I walk around in crocs, or barefoot.
All the floors in my house are either marble composite, polished wood or ceramic, and the patio just outside the house is stone slabs, so they tend to stay cool.
I´ve got about 20 pairs of socks - and they´re all over 20 years old; purchased when I used to be a Corporate Suit.
But you live in a place where it doesn't get cold.

Are you telling me that when you were in Cincinatti this winter you never wore socks once? What on earth did you put on your feet when it was snowing/cold outside?

But of course I did! So damn cold up there, I even put socks over my ears.:hyper::hyper::D:D:D
I've got these socks that are double layered called "cabin socks" and I wear them a lot. I have to have socks in winter even in the house because my feet get too cold. Most of the downstairs level is tile, so it's cold!

I've got these socks that are double layered called "cabin socks" and I wear them a lot. I have to have socks in winter even in the house because my feet get too cold. Most of the downstairs level is tile, so it's cold!

Back in my skiing days, I discovered sock liners. I still use them today when camping. I used them during the 2021 "Big Freeze," too. I also have glove liners.

The idea behind these liners is to wick moisture away from your feet/hands, so your kin is dry. Your heavy socks and gloves provide insulation. They work wonders, especially when skiing or hiking, or anytime you are working your body in very cold conditions.

CD

But I have finally finished my second ever set of colourwork socks. Both socks had major modifications make to their patterns to make them fit. (I've only knit 1 other piece of colourwork previously)

Set 1
View attachment 83979

Set 2
View attachment 83978

Won't mean much to most people but one or two might understand.
Set 1 above have just won a small competition (free pattern as the prize).

I'm not surprised. They are exquisite. Although I think Set 2 is even better.
Thanks, set 2 hasn't been entered into anything yet... I may have to sit and look at it to wait almost 11 months before the next CWA competition to enter them into unless something else comes up in the mean time.

You know, if someone wasn't looking closely while skimming through the forum threads, they might think this one was "the stock thread"...hope no one puts socks in their stock!

Back
Top Bottom