The teeth thread

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:41 PM
Absolutely. I barely touched the Scotch...
Mind you, as a 90% vegetarian, I have to admit I was a bit surprised when they told me about all those body parts...:yuck::yuck::yuck:

There is a good vegan haggis available in the UK. I've tried it and its good:

That's some finely chopped lettuce and stuff in that salad. How are your teeth?
They’re fine - lots of fillings, a couple of crowns, but I have them all. I was surprised when the dentist told me a couple of months ago that it’s very unusual for a person my age (55) to have all their teeth. 🤷🏻

They’re fine - lots of fillings, a couple of crowns, but I have them all. I was surprised when the dentist told me a couple of months ago that it’s very unusual for a person my age (55) to have all their teeth. 🤷🏻
well, I'm 38 and I have already one false teeth (it encapsulates one of mines wich brokes!)

I have the majority of mine at 73. OK, I broke two front teeth at 13 years old which have been capped twice but the originals are still underneath.

I think that's what we call a crown here in the US. I've got one.
ah ok :D
well here it's called an "impianto", whether it be done on the teeth you broke used like a pin (like my case) or if the tooth needs to be removed -also the root- with a screw on the bone...

ah ok :D
well here it's called an "impianto", whether it be done on the teeth you broke used like a pin (like my case) or if the tooth needs to be removed -also the root- with a screw on the bone...
Yes, we have dental implants here as well, but those as far as I know are only with the screw on the bone and no original tooth is left. If any tooth is remaining, they "cap" it or put on a crown over the existing tooth but we don't call that an implant. So it's similar terminology, but not completely so. In both cases here, they usually do a root canal so there is no residual pain.

[Mod.edit: this post and next few posts moved to a new topic (MG)]

That's some finely chopped lettuce and stuff in that salad. How are your teeth?
I think a lot of people like their salad veges finely chopped. My husband does. I don't care much one way or the other, as long as they are not too big. I really don't like large wedges of tomato or other vegetables in a salad.

I have the majority of mine at 73. OK, I broke two front teeth at 13 years old which have been capped twice but the originals are still underneath.

I had four teeth removed before getting braces as a young teen. It was needed to make room. I had too many teeth to fit in my mouth properly. I also had my wisdom teeth removed while in college. They were coming in wrong, and would have been impacted.

Other than that, I have all of my teeth at 60. I had one broken one repaired in January.

CD

I think a lot of people like their salad veges finely chopped. My husband does. I don't care much one way or the other, as long as they are not too big. I really don't like large wedges of tomato or other vegetables in a salad.
MrsT is the same way, and I suppose I am as well. I almost always make any salad like that a chopped salad. I think part of it is that it's easier to eat (the last thing I want to do is sit there cutting up my salad like it's a steak :laugh: ), and there's probably also something going on in my brain about the uniformity of everything - although I did just slice the radishes. Sometimes I slices 'em, sometimes I jus' chops 'em!

Oh, and MrsT did request/remind me that she likes the tomatoes cut! :laugh:

MrsT is the same way, and I suppose I am as well. I almost always make any salad like that a chopped salad. I think part of it is that it's easier to eat (the last thing I want to do is sit there cutting up my salad like it's a steak :laugh: ), and there's probably also something going on in my brain about the uniformity of everything - although I did just slice the radishes. Sometimes I slices 'em, sometimes I jus' chops 'em!

Oh, and MrsT did request/remind me that she likes the tomatoes cut! :laugh:
Exactly, I want at least bite-sized pieces in my salad. I want to be able to fork it easily and not have to stab it or cut it with a knife. But though I don't care if it's tiny pieces, hubby does like his in smaller pieces. I guess you can get a lot more salad into a bowl if it's cut smaller.

Edited to add that you and I both are great at going off topic in a thread that spun off because it was off topic!

I still have my wisdom teeth..just missing one molar..a few years ago I went to a new dentist and he called all of his assistants and hygienists in to look in my mouth..He said you don't see those any more..vintage rarities...

Age 68, and I still have all my teeth except the four that were removed intentionally for braces when I was a teen. (Dang, I want them back!!) No crowns, I do suspect I may have to have a couple removed next time I deign to visit a dentist, however.

Being a sort of low sugar person, maybe this is why they're still all here?

Edited to add that you and I both are great at going off topic in a thread that spun off because it was off topic!
You know, the way my brain works, I really seriously think I simply can’t recognize when things go off-topic - which probably drives Morning Glory and SatNavSaysStraightOn crazy, because I’m the last person on staff to spin things off to a new topic, because it just doesn’t register with me where the break is. 🤷🏻

Everything’s related, right? :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom