The Way We Were

New Year’s Eve, 1988:

IMG_7690.jpeg

My nickname at the time was Howdy Bueller, because everyone said I looked like a cross between Howdy Doody and Ferris Bueller.

…and I would have been 22 there.
Yes, well I knew you weren't 14--I think you were 19 when you met Mrs T? If I remember correctly. You don't/didn't look a thing like Howdy Doody. Now Reba McEntire, she looks like Howdy Doody in drag. Just sayin'. I always thought that.

Mother has my childhood photos. I need to get them from her and scan them to digital media begore they disintegrate from old age.
TR I don't see Howdy Doody but I do see Ferris Bueller. Such a cutie. Mrs. Tasty is lovely, but she looks really bored.

Yes, well I knew you weren't 14--I think you were 19 when you met Mrs T?
I met MrsT when I was 21, earlier that year.

I probably told this before, but one night, we were meeting friends for a night out, and when we got to the restaurant, the hostess didn’t ask us anything, she just said, “Right this way, your friends are already here.”

I mentioned it to our friends after we sat, and they laughed and said, “We told her just to look out for a guy who looks like Howdy Doody and Ferris Bueller had a baby.” - she knew exactly who we were from that. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom