The world’s obsession with cheese

the steak sauce i can take it or leave it depending on the steak, but i do agree with you catsup has no business being on a steak

last night i saw a national fast food chain's ad for a BBQ burger with cheese on it !!
thats just going to far!!!
i have been to Wisconsin and i did kinda like the state as a whole and i have to hand it to them they have a hell of a PR program
If I liked BBQ burgers, I’d want cheese on it.

I’d expect the menu to show something like:

“Our Ranch Burger: a generous half-pound of ground chuck, topped with spicy pepperjack cheese, our house-made sweet barbecue sauce, and crispy-fried onions, on a bakery-fresh Kaiser roll.”

-or-

“Our Ranch Burger: a generous half-pound of ground chuck, topped with our house-made sweet barbecue sauce, raw or crispy-fried onions, all on a bakery-fresh Kaiser roll. Add American, cheddar, or pepperjack cheese for an additional $1.15

They should tell you, but I’d expect cheese on it.

With ribs, mentioned earlier…I wouldn’t want to be served a rack of ribs with cheese layered on it. No, not at all.

However, put this on the menu:

“House special pulled rib plate: we start with a half-rack of smoked baby back ribs, then do the work of pulling the meat from the bones for you, and top with the sauce of your choice, onion rings, pickle slices, and your choice of cheese.”

I’d say, “Bring it on!” 😋

cheese and barbcue should NEVER be used in the same sentence
i used to own a bbq joint and if anyone ever put cheese on my bbq i would snatch up the food give them their money back and bar them from ever coming back

cheese and barbcue should NEVER be used in the same sentence
i used to own a bbq joint and if anyone ever put cheese on my bbq i would snatch up the food give them their money back and bar them from ever coming back

My SIL would only eat steaks cooked well done. :eek: But, I didn't get worked up about it. I learned how to make the best well done steak possible. She loved it, and I took that as a compliment. She was kind enough not to put ketchup on her steaks that I cooked. :laugh:

CD

the steak sauce i can take it or leave it depending on the steak, but i do agree with you catsup has no business being on a steak

There are few sauces I would eat on steak, and they are not from bottles. I love steak au poivre (below). Filet mignon does not have a bold beef flavor, so a sauce is needed, IMO. But not A1 Sauce/HP Sauce, and never ketchup.

1701374244544.png

CD

pablo: i am 67 years old and i am a grumpy old man !!!!
i never learned how to filter what i say , when people talk to me i say exacky what i think no holds bared , some people say that they like people like me because you always know exacky where you stand with me , my wife says i should be more diplomatic , more tackful and maybe every once in a while she might be right ...but not very often !!!

caseydog : i had a brother that woudn't eat a peice of meat unless it was cooked to the point that you could drop it on the ground and it would shatter like glass . ( i always thought there was something wrong with that boy ) but to each his own

It makes everything so easy to understand for foreigners like me, when you just speak up what you think. The other way with giving some hints and drop some phrases on how you're doing can make it incredible hard to understand what is said and I think it vets harder with people you don't know

well lets see :
i lost the hearing in my left ear when i was 24 ,
by the time i was 45 i had a bad left shoulder ,
at 57 i lost about 70% of my eye sight
and by the time i was 60 i had had 5 back surgerys
and at 62 i had a heart attack
but what the hell do i have to be grumpy about haha

well lets see :
i lost the hearing in my left ear when i was 24 ,
by the time i was 45 i had a bad left shoulder ,
at 57 i lost about 70% of my eye sight
and by the time i was 60 i had had 5 back surgerys
and at 62 i had a heart attack
but what the hell do i have to be grumpy about haha

A "glass half full" way of looking at it is you've been through all that, and you are still alive.

CD

Back
Top Bottom