Theme Party

I would go off what I remember from my grandparents parties Food and Drinks. Not too much in the decor arena.

1) starters - Martinis, Gimlets and Scotch on the rocks
2) Appies - Fondue, meatballs in some sort of sauce, shrimp cocktails
3) Dinner - tossed salad with thousand island dressing, Beef Stroganoff, hot n crusty French bread
4) Dessert - Tin Roof sundaes

Women would be wearing palazzo pants/outfits and men would be wearing the predecessor to leisure suits

* Pineapple upside down cake
* Something set in jello
* Cheese fondue was all the rage, as were cheese& wine or paté and wine parties.
* French bistro cooking was hip, with melted candles on bottles
* Cheap wine and bread with anything remotely French
* Cheese and Pineapple sticks.. prunes wrapped in bacon.

This is what I learned from culinary history books from the top of my head.

Let's see, you need a Jello-Mold, some dip made from Lipton onion soup mix and sour cream, some kind of casserole (like tuna noodle casserole), maybe shrimp cocktails, fondue, punch bowl (spiked or not)...

Those are the things I remember for now. I made add to the list later.

CD

* Pineapple upside down cake
* Something set in jello
* Cheese fondue was all the rage, as were cheese& wine or paté and wine parties.
* French bistro cooking was hip, with melted candles on bottles
* Cheap wine and bread with anything remotely French
* Cheese and Pineapple sticks.. prunes wrapped in bacon.

This is what I learned from culinary history books from the top of my head.
The bottles with melting candles - I remember those! I also remember the straw bottom /wrapped bottles of Chianti

We used to do group parties, group of 6 close friends, we used to do,themes, 60s and 70s were hippies, we also did a murder mystery one set in hippies days. I even took a joint and lit after after dinner, people were shocked,lol. I was just playing the part. Food: shrimp cocktail, canapés chips n dips.
Never been to a key party!! I believe there are "swingers groups " here on the outskirts of Chch.
I've never been.

Russ

Buongiorno a tutti,
60's party; what I remember from 60's is mini skirt, heavy make up an very big hair on ladies. An all men with cravat an safari suit!!
I think I make sure all dress right for time, hippy an beatnick loads flowers all over an give guests one as arrive. I would try find lava lamps an one of those projector that show pattern on wall. I would have to think an research for food to get right. Plenty off Beatles an Rolling stones Janice Joplin this kind music. Think could be fun.

Sarana x

Strangely, I have such a bottle which my partner bought before the lockdown. I didn't specify it - just said get some Italian red wine. Must open it...
I have one of those on my pub table:

Here, they're associated with kitschy Italian restaurants - the places that are dark, too small, and with those wine bottles on tables covered with red-checkered tablecloths, and usually some cheesy mandolin music piped in.

The arrangement on my pub table, BTW, is purposeful - I have that waxy wine bottle (Italy), a menu from a German restaurant, Sarson's malt vinegar and HP sauce (UK), and Murphy's coasters (Ireland). It's meant to convey an international feeling. :)

I have one of those on my pub table:

Here, they're associated with kitschy Italian restaurants - the places that are dark, too small, and with those wine bottles on tables covered with red-checkered tablecloths, and usually some cheesy mandolin music piped in.

The arrangement on my pub table, BTW, is purposeful - I have that waxy wine bottle (Italy), a menu from a German restaurant, Sarson's malt vinegar and HP sauce (UK), and Murphy's coasters (Ireland). It's meant to convey an international feeling. :)

What is the canister?

Back
Top Bottom