Things to do in Texas

20161106_144842.jpg
How do you harvest the wind, and is it available in bags or cans?

Not quite as daft as it sounds. Someone I know sold "Fresh Country Air, from Ireland" in cans, when he was still at school. Odd one from the cow shed as well.
Wind power. We have wind farms that convert wind into electricity.
Not sure if you can see them but here is a picture taken from Big Spring State Park. The wind turbines are on the hilltops.

Last edited:
View attachment 3858
Wind power. We have wind farms that convert wind into electricity.
Not sure if you can see them but here is a picture taken from Big Spring State Park. The wind turbines are on the hilltops.
No cans of Good Ole Texas Air for sale then.

Turbines are everywhere these days.

I just meant why German in particular as I would never have thought that Texas had that heritage.
I must ask what heritage did you think Texans were?
And why German because the hill country of Texas is primarily German.

Now if you want good down home soul/white trash cookin' you need to head to the piney woods of East Texas. That bunch can cook and I guarantee you won't go home hungry. It is also some of the best food every found.
Dang it now you have me wanting a fresh blackberry cobbler and I am in the wrong part of the state.
Let me know if you need a translation.

Another fun thing to do is McDonald Observatory.
It is either the largest or second largest telescope in the world. Tours on I think Tuesdays and Fridays.

I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to observatories, pretty much anything to do with space, stars etc... My favourite planet is Jupiter so 2 years ago we bought a telescope and my husband set it up and I actually saw Jupiter for first time and it blew me away! My knowledge is limited-still learning it all fascinates me. We have a huge telescope at Jodrell Bank, we were there this year at the Blue Dot Festival, couldn't stop looking at the dish.

I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to observatories, pretty much anything to do with space, stars etc... My favourite planet is Jupiter so 2 years ago we bought a telescope and my husband set it up and I actually saw Jupiter for first time and it blew me away! My knowledge is limited-still learning it all fascinates me. We have a huge telescope at Jodrell Bank, we were there this year at the Blue Dot Festival, couldn't stop looking at the dish.
Oh hun. Come to Texas. I think you would love McDonald. They are also building a new one there. It is 3 hours from us.

Back
Top Bottom