Three Word Dishes

Funny you should mention that - I was watching Chef John Torode (who comes from Australia) on TV. He was visiting his roots back in Australia and went to a Pea pie pud cafe (van) and was filmed eating exactly that. First time I've seen this but I wanted one immediately! Total comfort food.

Grew up with it.

Russ

Tinned salmon? Never thought of having it on toast - is it a NZ thing?

Don't know, grew up with it, tinned John west salmon, mashed with a cap full of malt vinegar and lot of white pepper. I love it with a cup of milk. Don't know why, but it works. We have it on small meal nights.

Russ

Don't know, grew up with it, tinned John west salmon, mashed with a cap full of malt vinegar and lot of white pepper. I love it with a cup of milk. Don't know why, but it works. We have it on small meal nights.

Russ

Sounds great to me!

This must be another NZ thing... explanation please? :)

Giggle Southland cheese rolls, I'm certain it will give a pic and recipe.
Basically cheese with onion soup mix mixed and rolled up,in a roll. Grilled in the oven until cheese melts. They are very popular here, my sons school sell as a fundraiser, about $8 a dozen. They sold something like 2,000 dozen rolls. We bought about 10 dozen. They are frozen, good for a quick meal or snack. They really are yummy.

Russ

Giggle Southland cheese rolls, I'm certain it will give a pic and recipe.
Basically cheese with onion soup mix mixed and rolled up,in a roll. Grilled in the oven until cheese melts. They are very popular here, my sons school sell as a fundraiser, about $8 a dozen. They sold something like 2,000 dozen rolls. We bought about 10 dozen. They are frozen, good for a quick meal or snack. They really are yummy.

Russ

I already love it...

Back
Top Bottom