Tinned tuna

You do know that most animals have icky goop oozing out of them when they are cracked open...some probably smell worse than others but I think lobsters are on the lower part of the offender list. We all have our own opinions on that...
Yup, grew up killing beef, hogs, and chickens, and the occasional rabbit and squirrel.

I'd be a pescatarian if I had to slaughter my own food. Land animals I couldn't kill unless there was absolutely nothing left to eat. For some reason no problem with fish, crustaceans, etc.
I was watching this British show the other day where the presenter went all around Wales, highlighting different aspects of Welsh rural life.

She visited a woman who raised a rare breed of goats, and of course, she named them all and talked about them, and of course she killed them for meat.

It made me laugh a bit, remembering how my mom would name all the chickens, though that didn't stop her rounding them up for the ax.

She named a lot of them after singers, because she liked music and chickens are a noisy lot, and I can remember her saying, "C'mon Tom (Jones), you're up next..." and picking him up to hand to my dad. :)

I love the Ortiz tinned tuna, but it's pretty expensive over here. Overal I eat any kinds of tuna as long as it has the MSC label, then I know it's not from exhausted water. I am not a tuna snob.

I use it frequently for pasta bakes, baked potatoes, salads, and tuna mayo for sandwiches.

I was watching this British show the other day where the presenter went all around Wales, highlighting different aspects of Welsh rural life.

She visited a woman who raised a rare breed of goats, and of course, she named them all and talked about them, and of course she killed them for meat.

It made me laugh a bit, remembering how my mom would name all the chickens, though that didn't stop her rounding them up for the ax.

She named a lot of them after singers, because she liked music and chickens are a noisy lot, and I can remember her saying, "C'mon Tom (Jones), you're up next..." and picking him up to hand to my dad. :)

Which reminds me... I still need to put Archie in the freezer.

(No, I don't tend to name the poultry, not the ones I originally plan to eat... it's just that nasty roosters have got to go...)

Its expensive here too!
This is on offer at Lidl a few times a year 49 kuna or £5.99 of steak in sunflower oil weight of tin 900 grms. 6 cans last me a year.

Back
Top Bottom