Review Toasted Sandwich Maker

I was going to say, what's that brown thing. But I deduced it must be a pickled onion. Home made?

Yes. Pickled in white distilled vinegar but with black pepper and red chilies.

pickledonions-s.jpg

I discovered something else about the toaster today to my detriment. The internal heated steel plates are accessible when the cover is closed.

sharp sandwich toaster side s.jpg

cheese ham toasties 1 s.jpg

I needed to cut 50 mm from the top of the bread slice for it to fit.

I have an ancient Hinari sandwich toaster, which is similar to Yorki's one. Up until I treated myself to a toaster last year, I used to use it to make toast too. Very easy to clean - it only needs a quick wipe when cool, and standard UK sliced bread fits perfectly (although of course all my bread is home made so sometimes needs a bit of jiggling to get it in there). I can't say I ever noticed the steel plates getting hot but then you don't exactly need to touch them when using the toaster.

Well it has an orange 'bit' on it! It looks rather complicated compared to the sandwich makers I've known - which simply switch on!

Made burgers with it the other day for the kids. Very juicy & tender They LOVED them! They were juicy &It also makes grilled Panini sammies. I'm waiting to try my favorite - Cuban Sammies!!

When a cooking cycle is programmed into the machine, It also determines the doneness of the food by the thickness of it. it reminds you when the cooking cycle if finished, & for you to press the OK button and shut it off. :wink:

Last edited:
All sockets in the UK are three pin [except specific shaver sockets in bathrooms which have to be fitted to an isolating transformer I believe] however not all items require an earth [ground]. Items with all plastic exteriors for example [so called 'double insulated'] may use a three pin plug but not have the earth pin connected We also use a 230volt AC supply unlike the US and much of Europe I believe.
TBH we too had a sandwich maker but it also fell into disuse - not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom