Recipe Tortas de Pollo (Chicken Sandwiches)

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
7:59 PM
I mentioned this over in another thread here, so wanted to post the recipe, in case anyone wanted to try making it.

Surprise surprise, this is another R*tel recipe. I should own stock in the company, I love the products so much.

It's basically a quick and easy really delicious chicken sub / hoagie with a kick. You can make it as spicy as you want, and could even marinate 2 separate batches, so one would be milder and one spicier. I usually use the mild R*tel, since I have an ulcer and other digestive issues, but I know people who love super spicy dishes and use the hotter varieties.

I also love cheese, and this uses pepper-Jack cheese. The ingredients are pretty standard for most kitchens, so it shouldn't cost much to make these, which is an added bonus.

Here are the ingredients:
  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
  • 1/4 cup Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
  • 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
  • 6 soft hoagie rolls, cut in half
  • PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
  • 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced thin
  • 6 slices Pepper Jack cheese, cut in half
And, as you can see, the preparation is pretty easy, as well.

• Preheat broiler. Combine chicken, oil, garlic and pepper in large recloseable food storage bag; close bag and refrigerate 15 minutes.
  • Combine drained tomatoes and mayonnaise in food processor; pulse until smooth. Place roll halves on baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
  • Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag; discard bag. Cook chicken 5 minutes or until no longer pink in centers, turning once.
  • Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each roll half. Top bottom halves evenly with chicken, avocado and cheese; close with tops of rolls. Place on baking sheet; broil until cheese melts. Serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.

- See more at: http://www.ro-tel.com/recipes-Chick...ortas-de-Pollo-6546.html#sthash.itRc17yz.dpuf

Attachments

• tortas de pollo.jpg
    tortas de pollo.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 283
Oh wow this sounds really good. I can't wait to give it a try. I would have to go with spicy though. I love spicy food and I think this would be superb with lots of heat and served with an ice cold beer.

I think I would like this recipe. too. I love Rotel in that spicy cheese dip. I am sure it is good for other things too. The only thing I like better is the salsa made by my local Mexican restaurant. It has got to be the best sauce East of the Missisippi. Right now I have beef I have to use up though. I love a nice French dip that is my fave beef sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom