The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
10:05 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
4641C72C-FC2D-46BC-8918-6141AA10A95C.jpeg

I really wanted to include coconut milk, but I was concerned about how sweet it would be, considering that I also wanted to include pineapple. I needn’t have worried. The sweetness is more subtle, and it worked well with the spicy elements (pepper, daikon, ginger).

Quantities are not shown in the Solids part of the Ingredients list; I built it gradually, which is how I will do it the next time. Just blend what you want into the bowl. The result is refreshing.

Ingredients

Solids

Daikon radish
Brussels sprouts
Jicama
Carrots
Jalapeño pepper
Orange bell pepper
Pineapple
Ginger root

Liquids

4 ounces coconut milk
2 ounces rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions

1. Shred all Solid ingredients except for pineapple and ginger. Cut pineapple into small pieces. Blend ingredients together. Grate ginger root and blend thoroughly with remaining solid ingredients.

F5694574-8FCE-47B6-B8BE-714AD83ACA43.jpeg

2. Blend liquid ingredients together. Blend together with Solid ingredients. If additional liquids are needed, blend them in the same proportion before adding to the Solids.

23E0AC71-DEA1-4F23-908A-4089EA1957C3.jpeg

3. Refrigerate for half an hour to allow ingredients to settle before serving.

I really like the use of ginger and jalapeños here to contrast with the acidic sweet pineapple. I'm not the biggest fan of coconut milk but I can imagine how it would temper the acidic side of the pineapple.

Back
Top Bottom