Recipe Turmeric Golden Milk

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:36 AM
Turmeric Golden Milk

This is a soothing and warm beverage that is one of my "go to" drinks when I have a hard time sleeping. It's simple to make, healthy, and delicious!

Preparation time: less than 5 minutes.

Ingredients (makes 1 serving):
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can buy it from the grocery or make your own): Recipe - Almond Milk Recipe
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 or 2 tbsp honey (to desired sweetness preference)
1 tbsp coconut oil

Place all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl (I used a measuring cup) and heat in the microwave for 2 minutes. Whisk together and pour into a mug.

Notes: For those who do not have a microwave, simmer for 3 minutes in a saucepan on low heat. I know the black pepper seems odd, as well as adding the fat, but both fat and pepper help to enable proper absorption of the curcumin (anti-inflammatory) in the turmeric. You likely won't even detect the difference. I also used a milk frother before drinking to create a little foam on the top, but it certainly doesn't change the flavor any. Enjoy!

Last edited:
OK - I'm beginning to think its my end. It seems OK now. There were some other posts where this happened which seem to have corrected themselves now. I always assume its not my end as I've a super fast connection. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom