Tv chefs are scraping the barrel

Boobs too
My wife used to refer to Giada as “Ms. TNT,” which I thought was because so many people find her physically appealing, like dynamite, aka TNT…Ms. TNT.

MrsT laughed and explained, “No…Ms. T ‘n’ T…Ms. Teeth and T*ts!” :eek:

Giada is so far from attractive to me…she’s just not my type by a mile, basing that entirely on the personality she exudes on TV. I’ve seen probably three of her episodes, and that was enough for me.

Paula Deen - she was always a hard one for me to watch because she’s just so loud, and she cranks the “down-home” up way too much for me.

My mom hates her, because she thinks she’s a “woman of loose morals.” She was on TV once, with her sort of outlandish hair and makeup, and she was blabbering on and on, y’all this and y’all that.

She’d made some kind of loaded baked potatoes, with the usual Deen touch of a pound of butter and two pounds of cheese and three pounds of bacon…she probably had Moon Pies and Goo Goo Clusters on there, knowing her, and she finished up by saying something like:

“Y’all…now this here is a baked tater, y’all! Y’all can jus’ go on now and gitcher own, cuz I done showed y’all how, y’all! Now y’all jus’ pardon me now, cuz I’m fixin’ to make luuuuv to this here tater with mah whole mouth, y’all!”

When she said that line about making love to the potato with her whole mouth, I thought my mom was going to climb through the TV and clobber her.

She was blasted online several years ago for her “recipe” for English peas, which was to (and I’m not kidding) melt some butter in a saucepan and dump in a can of peas. Period. No more. That was it.

It’s a shame, in a way, that she fell out with The Food Network, because readers had a field day in the comments, at her expense, but they’ve since removed the “recipe,” things like, “I’d like to jazz these up a little, and was thinking more butter? Would that work?” and “This is too complicated! I need something for a busy mom on a weeknight! Can I skip the butter? Or the peas? Help!” :laugh:

My wife used to refer to Giada as “Ms. TNT,” which I thought was because so many people find her physically appealing, like dynamite, aka TNT…Ms. TNT.

MrsT laughed and explained, “No…Ms. T ‘n’ T…Ms. Teeth and T*ts!” :eek:

Giada is so far from attractive to me…she’s just not my type by a mile, basing that entirely on the personality she exudes on TV. I’ve seen probably three of her episodes, and that was enough for me.

Paula Deen - she was always a hard one for me to watch because she’s just so loud, and she cranks the “down-home” up way too much for me.

My mom hates her, because she thinks she’s a “woman of loose morals.” She was on TV once, with her sort of outlandish hair and makeup, and she was blabbering on and on, y’all this and y’all that.

She’d made some kind of loaded baked potatoes, with the usual Deen touch of a pound of butter and two pounds of cheese and three pounds of bacon…she probably had Moon Pies and Goo Goo Clusters on there, knowing her, and she finished up by saying something like:

“Y’all…now this here is a baked tater, y’all! Y’all can jus’ go on now and gitcher own, cuz I done showed y’all how, y’all! Now y’all jus’ pardon me now, cuz I’m fixin’ to make luuuuv to this here tater with mah whole mouth, y’all!”

When she said that line about making love to the potato with her whole mouth, I thought my mom was going to climb through the TV and clobber her.

She was blasted online several years ago for her “recipe” for English peas, which was to (and I’m not kidding) melt some butter in a saucepan and dump in a can of peas. Period. No more. That was it.

It’s a shame, in a way, that she fell out with The Food Network, because readers had a field day in the comments, at her expense, but they’ve since removed the “recipe,” things like, “I’d like to jazz these up a little, and was thinking more butter? Would that work?” and “This is too complicated! I need something for a busy mom on a weeknight! Can I skip the butter? Or the peas? Help!” :laugh:
I thought she got in trouble for some racist comments? I'll have to google that (giggle for Russ) later.

I thought she got in trouble for some racist comments? I'll have to google that (giggle for Russ) later.
Paula Deen did, yes, and there were accusations from employees about preferential treatment among employees and other things like that.

Paula Deen did, yes, and there were accusations from employees about preferential treatment among employees and other things like that.
Yes, I should have clarified I was talking about PD buttah.

Paula's accent was also exaggerated. I have a southern accent and I'm also very tuned into voices and accents due to my former profession. After watching several episodes, I noticed that she would pronounce the same word differently, sometimes with a normal southern accent like mine, and sometimes with her exaggerated, over the top southern accent. Once I started noticing, it happened a lot, so she was obviously doing it on purpose.

butter.jpg

There used to be a restaurant called The Ark close to us. They actually had a fantastic buffet that included decent sized cocktail shrimp, crab legs, prime rib, ham, turkey, other entrees, a whole bunch of sides, a great salad bar, fresh baked bread and desserts. You could also order off the menu. They were known for their prime rib.

Anyway, the first time I went in there, they had these urns with towers, and I do mean towers, looked like smaller versions of the topiaries you would put on the sides of your front door, of what looked like ice cream, off white like vanilla and pink like strawberry, at the buffet. I wondered how in the heck they could keep the ice cream from melting. Realized it wasn't ice cream, it was BUTTER, when I got to the buffet. Help yourself, as much as you want. Paula would have been in heaven! :hyper:

There used to be a restaurant called The Ark close to us. They actually had a fantastic buffet that included decent sized cocktail shrimp, crab legs, prime rib, ham, turkey, other entrees, a whole bunch of sides, a great salad bar, fresh baked bread and desserts. You could also order off the menu. They were known for their prime rib.

Anyway, the first time I went in there, they had these urns with towers, and I do mean towers, looked like smaller versions of the topiaries you would put on the sides of your front door, of what looked like ice cream, off white like vanilla and pink like strawberry, at the buffet. I wondered how in the heck they could keep the ice cream from melting. Realized it wasn't ice cream, it was BUTTER, when I got to the buffet. Help yourself, as much as you want. Paula would have been in heaven! :hyper:
No doubt, I do love butter...real butter that is. Was it indeed real butter and not margarine? I was raised on margarine and the first time I ever had real butter I was in shock and awe, and I never ate margarine again (I will use it in baking from time to time though). But I remember when I lived in Florida and asked for butter at a restaurant and was brought packets of margarine...ugh.

No doubt, I do love butter...real butter that is. Was it indeed real butter and not margarine? I was raised on margarine and the first time I ever had real butter I was in shock and awe, and I never ate margarine again (I will use it in baking from time to time though). But I remember when I lived in Florida and asked for butter at a restaurant and was brought packets of margarine...ugh.

Couldn't tell you for sure as it has been so long, 25 years at least, but I liked the taste of the plain so would imagine it was real butter. I haven't used margarine, other than in a couple of old cookie recipes from my mother that don't work right with butter, since shortly after having my own home in early 1980s.

Back
Top Bottom