Tv chefs are scraping the barrel

I'm not sure it was ever proven that Giada cheated, but I remember the rumors about Bobby Flay and that news guy whose wife ended up divorcing him.

We don't have "regulation" TV any longer, just streaming and I banned FoodNetwork programs!!! Oh, well, really any of those cooking network shows.
I like to watch You Tub for free and I "follow" several real home cooks, non-professionals.
And as soon as they start with the "merch" 💩 I'm done!

I gave up TV chefs (or at least, FoodTV) when it started turning into a WWE wannabe. When it first started, I really enjoyed watching some first class chefs (Michael Lamonaco, John Ash, David Rosengarten, Sara Molton, etc) actually teaching new dishes and food cultures. Then all of a sudden it was "Iron Chef", and things went south - "Emeril vs Bobby" "Flay takes on Tyson", "Restaurant Fall out", " Whack me with your Tasting Stick" - just stupid competitions. And things like " America´s Best Diners" or "Britain´s Best Caffs" . Why can´t they just get someone really good to talk/demonstrate what they do well?? If and when it appears on TV, I love watching Rick Bayless cook Mexican, because he really knows his stuff. I´d love to see a top class Indian chef doing his stuff, or watch a Vietnamese chef explaining how on earth they manage to get those flavours together, but no. It´s all crap!!

She's all teeth and bones anyway, LOL.

And cleavage. She loves to show cleavage. It's not just me that has observed that.

Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 5.38.31 PM.jpg

CD

It does bother me, yes, and even my favorite chef Jacques Pepin is guilty of it.

He used to have his daughter on, way back when she was in college, and it was doubly irritating because it was painfully obvious she didn’t know one end of a spoon from the other, and she had an annoying habit of pronouncing every French word in a highly exaggerated accent, but everything else, she sounded like the Connecticut Yankee she was.

When I didn’t think it could get any worse, he started having his granddaughter on, when she was far too young to do anything other that sprinkle sugar on something (and poorly at that), and she gave every indication of being extremely spoiled at home.

Now, the flip side of that was when Lidia Bastianich would have her 347 year old mother (or MIL, I can’t remember) and she’d just sit in the corner in a chair and adorably croak out one-word answers to questions and comments Lidia would make. I loved her!

I gave up TV chefs (or at least, FoodTV) when it started turning into a WWE wannabe. When it first started, I really enjoyed watching some first class chefs (Michael Lamonaco, John Ash, David Rosengarten, Sara Molton, etc) actually teaching new dishes and food cultures. Then all of a sudden it was "Iron Chef", and things went south - "Emeril vs Bobby" "Flay takes on Tyson", "Restaurant Fall out", " Whack me with your Tasting Stick" - just stupid competitions. And things like " America´s Best Diners" or "Britain´s Best Caffs" . Why can´t they just get someone really good to talk/demonstrate what they do well?? If and when it appears on TV, I love watching Rick Bayless cook Mexican, because he really knows his stuff. I´d love to see a top class Indian chef doing his stuff, or watch a Vietnamese chef explaining how on earth they manage to get those flavours together, but no. It´s all crap!!

Exactly. You need to watch rick Stein India. Great recipes.

Russ

Boobs too
I guess having a child must have helped, because I remember years ago she definitely wore lower cut tops and it didn't seem like much, but they do look larger now. Not that it's any big deal, probably saves a lot of back pain to keep them a manageable size.

I think my FIL had a thing for her for awhile, LOL. My husband was smart enough to say that he didn't find her attractive, LOL. Not sure if that's true but whatever! LMAO!

I guess having a child must have helped, because I remember years ago she definitely wore lower cut tops and it didn't seem like much, but they do look larger now. Not that it's any big deal, probably saves a lot of back pain to keep them a manageable size.

I think my FIL had a thing for her for awhile, LOL. My husband was smart enough to say that he didn't find her attractive, LOL. Not sure if that's true but whatever! LMAO!
Hubby might speak with forked tongue lol

Russ

The Italian coming out?

Russ
My husband is (half) Italian descent but has many, many relatives who are full-blooded Italian. I tell ya, a lot of those women are thick and have huge...

Back
Top Bottom