U.S. National Seafood Month - October 2023

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:20 AM
We are starting out with stuffed shrimp (crab) and rice pilaf tonight.

A new scallop dish will follow in a few days.

Will you be celebrating or are you one of the downers who don't like the fruits of the ocean? :D

I celebrate the ocean by not buying anything from the ocean. I'm a big fan of seafood and the real reason I'm not enjoying it more often is because organic seafood is way to expensive

I celebrate the ocean by not buying anything from the ocean. I'm a big fan of seafood and the real reason I'm not enjoying it more often is because organic seafood is way to expensive

That reply is a contradiction. You first write you don't buy anything from the ocean, yet then state you are a fan of seafood but don't buy because "organic" seafood is too expensive. So which is it?

BTW, I've never heard of "organic" seafood, only wild caught or farmed. We only buy wild caught shrimp or fish, and only clams or oysters caught or open water farmed in U.S.

Sorry, sounds weird but I guess it's due to my lacking English skills.

In Germany we have organic fish labels, certifying farms for not using gmo foods, certain medicals and some more guidelines.
These products are expensive and wild caught fish has the same price, so I can't buy em. That's how I'm celebrating the national seafood month. Had monkfish and pulpo last weekend btw.

Sorry, sounds weird but I guess it's due to my lacking English skills.

In Germany we have organic fish labels, certifying farms for not using gmo foods, certain medicals and some more guidelines.
These products are expensive and wild caught fish has the same price, so I can't buy em. That's how I'm celebrating the national seafood month. Had monkfish and pulpo last weekend btw.

Here in the US, seafood is labeled either farm raised, or wild caught. The country of origin is also required on the label.

If seafood is wild caught, it is basically "organic," -- fed by nature. Farmed fish from US farms eat some kind of grain. Who knows what fish farms in China use.

I pay the extra for wild caught, USA seafood. Although, I prefer US farm raised catfish. It has a cleaner flavor (catfish are bottom feeders).

CD

Back
Top Bottom