Ukraine

I'm still expecting the state controlled Russian news media to blame Ukraine. But, will the people buy it? Some will, I'm sure, but enough?

CD
They did try, but it was half hearted. The BBC has been talking to ordinary Russians and they all seem to think Putin did it, some say it was a good thing, a few said it was a bad thing, most just shrugged.

When you live in a dictatorial regime, you do NOT make a noise about political decisions or situations. We had huge protests against Chavez in 2001 (300 murdered), in 2008 (500 murdered and many more incarcerated), in 2014 (mostly students: murdered, shot at, tortured or jailed) and in 2017 (same as 2014). Oscar Perez, an ex cop, began an insurgency against Maduro in 2016. In 2018, he, his wife and his buddies were attacked in their "hideout" by about 300 paramilitary thugs. They were all executed, at point blank range.
Russians are probably thinking "Jeez, if I open my mouth, I may fall out of a plane, get sprayed with neurotoxin, have my family murdered in front of my eyes, lose my job or end up in Siberia". So they don't say anything.

When you live in a dictatorial regime, you do NOT make a noise about political decisions or situations. We had huge protests against Chavez in 2001 (300 murdered), in 2008 (500 murdered and many more incarcerated), in 2014 (mostly students: murdered, shot at, tortured or jailed) and in 2017 (same as 2014). Oscar Perez, an ex cop, began an insurgency against Maduro in 2016. In 2018, he, his wife and his buddies were attacked in their "hideout" by about 300 paramilitary thugs. They were all executed, at point blank range.
Russians are probably thinking "Jeez, if I open my mouth, I may fall out of a plane, get sprayed with neurotoxin, have my family murdered in front of my eyes, lose my job or end up in Siberia". So they don't say anything.

I think a lot of Russians have reached a point of "acceptance." They figure, "This is how it is, I can't change it, so I may as well play along." Older Russians who grew up in the Soviet Union probably see Putin as just another Soviet style leader. They learned as children not to rock the boat.

CD

I think a lot of Russians have reached a point of "acceptance." They figure, "This is how it is, I can't change it, so I may as well play along."
That's the perfect response. Don't rock the boat.
Makes you wonder though: what would Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela (to mention but a few) be like if they had a truly democratic, business-oriented government?

That's the perfect response. Don't rock the boat.
Makes you wonder though: what would Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela (to mention but a few) be like if they had a truly democratic, sevice-oriented government?

Made one change. "Business-oriented" governments tend to favor the wealthy. That's how people like Chavez get elected.

CD

As you may or may not know, the US government is on the verge of a shutdown, thanks to a dozen or so Republicans loyal to Trump. One of their "demands" to keep the government running, is that ALL funding for Ukraine be cut. That's what Trump wants, and his cult members in Congress are demanding it.

Ronald Reagan must be rolling in his grave.

CD

As you may or may not know, the US government is on the verge of a shutdown, thanks to a dozen or so Republicans loyal to Trump. One of their "demands" to keep the government running, is that ALL funding for Ukraine be cut. That's what Trump wants, and his cult members in Congress are demanding it.

Ronald Reagan must be rolling in his grave.

CD

They were quoting him on cnn or fox yesterday?

Russ

Russian Media is praising Mitch McConnell and Republicans in congress for blocking financial aid to Ukraine.

This is all part of their warped plan to make Biden look bad. Ukraine falling to Russia would be great for Trump in the 2024 election.

1702425121605.png

CD

Back
Top Bottom