1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup fresh or frozen/thawed corn, pureed
8 hot dogs

2 large onions, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp cooking oil

1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
2 Tbsp sriracha plus more to your taste and for drizzling
8 Thinly sliced green onion/scallion tops (green parts only)

Oil for frying

Instructions

Mix the cream cheese and sriracha to your taste.

Melt the oil and butter over medium heat in a medium sized skillet. Add the onions plus salt and pepper to taste. Let onions cook over medium heat until they soften, then turn to medium low and allow to cook until they caramelize. If they start to dry out and burn, I add a little water and continue to cook, adding water when needed until I get the caramelization I want.

Meanwhile, start to heat the oil to fry the dogs, 365 F. You can either deep fry or pan fry, your choice.

In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until well combined. Mix milk, melted butter, and egg together. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the pureed corn. You may need to stir in a little more milk if batter is too thick.

Dredge slightly damp hot dogs in flour, then coat in batter and fry until golden brown.

Split cooked dogs open, spread 1/8 of the cream cheese mixture in the split, top with 1/8 of the caramelized onions, sprinkle with sliced green onion tops, drizzle with sriracha to taste.

Serve.

Last edited:
Battered hotdogs! Why not? :) I was with this recipe until they were split and filled with cream cheese. I think I'd like them without the cream cheese, but maybe that's just me.

Battered hotdogs! Why not? :) I was with this recipe until they were split and filled with cream cheese. I think I'd like them without the cream cheese, but maybe that's just me.

But, but, it's sriracha flavored cream cheese! LOL.

Seriously though, while being intrigued about the combo, we were a bit skeptical, but were very, very pleasantly pleased once we tasted them.

Last edited:
But, but, it's sriracha flavored cream cheese! LOL.

Seriously though, while being intrigued about the combo, we were a bit skeptical, but were very, very pleasantly pleased once we tasted them.
Oh, I’d eat the hell outta that!

Back
Top Bottom