Unofficial Poll

kgord

Veteran
Local time
6:50 AM
How often do you eat chicken in some form? How much on the average per week would you say you eat chicken? Chicken is not my favorite food, so I don't eat it that often. I would say maybe once or twice a week. I made some chicken legs a couple of days ago so I am slowly eating them...but it is not really my favorite food.

How often do you eat chicken in some form? How much on the average per week would you say you eat chicken? Chicken is not my favorite food, so I don't eat it that often. I would say maybe once or twice a week. I made some chicken legs a couple of days ago so I am slowly eating them...but it is not really my favorite food.
Once or twice a week sounds a lot to me! Maybe we have it once a week. Sometimes not at all for a few weeks.

we eat chicken 3 to 4 times a week. it's like a blank slate. you have to season the Crap out of it!

we eat chicken 3 to 4 times a week. it's like a blank slate. you have to season the Crap out of it!
I'm really surprised by this eating of so much chicken. In the UK it is undoubtedly the cheapest animal protein but I don't think most people here would eat it that often. Perhaps I'm wrong. In my house we eat meat, fish or fowl maybe 3 or 4 times a week and vegetarian the rest of the time. So it would be a mix of chicken, beef, lamb, pork, fish (whatever is looking fresh at the time), shellfish and seafood. Occasionally we eat game or duck. I cooked chicken last week but its not on the menu this week.

Are you eating chicken so often because its economical?

I know we eat a lot of chicken, but have to lay off the beef, and pork so it leaves very few options for a meat eater like my hubby

I know we eat a lot of chicken, but have to lay off the beef, and pork so it leaves very few options for a meat eater like my hubby
Fair enough. I was probably just assuming you represented the average American household! Is hubby on a low fat diet then? I would have thought lean beef would be OK.

We both have high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, he is diabetic to top it off. LOL! and the list will probably get longer as we age.

We both have high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, he is diabetic to top it off. LOL! and the list will probably get longer as we age.
I'm a complete coward. I don't go to the docs and have no idea what my cholesterol levels are. Perhaps I should get it checked. :meh: But I don't eat a lot of meat or fat. On the other hand I love eggs and prawns (shrimp in US) - both of which are high in cholesterol, I believe.

I'm a complete coward. I don't go to the docs and have no idea what my cholesterol levels are. Perhaps I should get it checked. :meh: But I don't eat a lot of meat or fat. On the other hand I love eggs and prawns (shrimp in US) - both of which are high in cholesterol, I believe.

Morning Glory, you should at least get it checked. they do it in a blood test. sometimes it is not what you eat. sometimes it is genetic, other times your body just produces it. It will have nothing to do with you food intake unfortunately. Good luck though! I hope you don't have high cholesterol.

Most people in my country are chicken lovers. It is a meat that is cooked every week, especially on Sundays. As for me, I eat it twice a week. It is on my menu every week. The chicken legs are the best part of the chicken for me. Apart from chicken we would eat some kind of red meat like lamb or minced meat, but beef is eaten very rarely. Fish is always a healthy choice and I like to include that in my diet every once in a while.

I eat chicken almost everyday for a few months now. When it's not chicken it's some sort of fish. I cut out read meat as much as possible and my son keeps urging me on in that area. I also have bouts of pork or turkey mostly because of my husband, but chicken rules.

Once or twice a week sounds a lot to me! Maybe we have it once a week. Sometimes not at all for a few weeks.
Well you have to consider all the forms chicken can be in. It is a food that is quite versatile. Even if it is chicken nuggets of diced chicken is salads it still counts as chicken.

Not as much as Tofu..But yeah I do put a lot of seasonings or spices on it when I cook chicken unless it is barbecue. Chicken legs are very economical. OUr local stores sell them for a song.

Cholesterol is probably more a function of eating transfats, commercial baked goods and poor quality proteins. Stick margarine is one of the worst offenders. IF you aren't eating a lot of store baked products or potato chips and the like you probably are OK, unless it runs in your family. Some families have a heriditary problem with cholesterol and it raises regardless with menopausal women. However, getting it checked is only prudent. of course red meat and lunch meat is bad too.

Back
Top Bottom