Unwanted or Undesirable Ingredients

impish

Local time
12:27 AM
Over the past several decades, I have become quite familiar with the now world-wide spread of Endocrine-mimicking materials being found in foods, as well as water, the air, and the soil. Among these are the PCBs and DDT, well-known names, but few are aware that there are literally hundreds of similar synthetic materials involved, many not necessarily immediately harmful, but may become so in coming generations due to their persistence passed on, and accumulation within the present generation.

The reason these synthetic chemicals are so unusual is that the human body mistakes them for Estrogen, one of the absolutely essential hormones to human life. Thus, the body absorbs them and binds them to our fat cells, where they may remain for very long time periods. Meanwhile, nursing mothers having fat-rich milk, pass the "load" of unwanted chemicals on to their infants. They grow up, all the while absorbing yet more synthetics from their environment and food, produce offspring carrying still-higher loads of the stuff. You see the pattern and potential for harm, I think.

I would rather not go on with this subject just now, as I am brand-new here, and am basically unaware of the average Member's knowledge and/or understanding of the subject. And, I would really not like to be branded a "rabble-rouser": that may come later!
impish

I'm lost here regarding this subject! I'm going to need to do a bit of research to know what you are talking about. As it is past 4 am in the morning and I should be in bed that will have to wait until tomorrow. Interesting though...

I'm lost here regarding this subject! I'm going to need to do a bit of research to know what you are talking about. As it is past 4 am in the morning and I should be in bed that will have to wait until tomorrow. Interesting though...
@morning glory
You may be "lost" simply because you are not a person involved with the technicalities of today's "food chain". I would suggest if you have the time and interest, to obtain a copy of the book "Our Stolen Future", author's name eludes me, but it is still available via the various social sales nets. It really opened my eyes about today's world-wide pollution of foodstuffs.
impish

Back
Top Bottom