Using leftovers

Rachele

Veteran
Local time
1:10 PM
Do you use up your leftovers or do you throw them out? I always use up my leftovers, and will sometimes consciously cook too much so that I can enjoy the remainder for another meal.

Because I hate to waste food, I've entertained some rather random combinations in the past, and have even been known to eat pizza or curry for breakfast!

I like using leftovers, especially since they are the best to experiment with because you aren't as afraid to possibly waste these as you would fresh ingredients. I usually just try and make fried rice out of any leftover dishes because rice works well with most of what I make, or sometimes, I'd also use pita wraps.

I always use my leftovers for something. Mostly I make some kind of baked sandwiches with just about any combination of leftover ingredients, but I also do the occasional calzone omlet with whatever I can find to make the filling from. I also love eating cold pizza in the morning.

I always use my leftovers for something. Mostly I make some kind of baked sandwiches with just about any combination of leftover ingredients, but I also do the occasional calzone omlet with whatever I can find to make the filling from. I also love eating cold pizza in the morning.

My favourite leftovers are mashed/roast potatoes and vegetables. I heat them all up in the frying pan and then have them with gravy. Absolutely delicious.

I do use leftovers as much as I can. I live alone so I generally prepare enough food for three days - I'm not fussy so I don't mind eating something for a few days in a row.

I do use leftovers as much as I can. I live alone so I generally prepare enough food for three days - I'm not fussy so I don't mind eating something for a few days in a row.

That's what I do sometimes too. In fact, I prepared pasta and meatballs in the slow cooker two days ago, some of which is still in my fridge. I plan to eat what's left for dinner tonight. That will be my third meal from that dish.

We always cook for more than 1 day at a time. the only exception being with fresh veg, which we will only prepare what we are eating that day. but all other meals and the main component of the meal will be eaten the following night. So for tonight we had a Spanish omelette with various addition veg served alongside. the other half of the omelette will be reheated and eaten tomorrow with some fresh veg alongside. Whilst the omelette is reheating the veg will be cooking - tomorrow's tea will take about 15 mins max to prepare - which is a good thing because we are both out on our bikes tomorrow and I won't be home until almost evening meal time.

My slow cooker is great for cooking a job lot of food. And the best bit about it is that I can just lob all the ingredients into the crockpot, go to work, come home and have a meal that is ready to eat, perfect.

My favourite leftovers are mashed/roast potatoes and vegetables. I heat them all up in the frying pan and then have them with gravy. Absolutely delicious.

Potatoes and gravy sounds really awesome. Gravy goes with just about anything, in my opinion. Definitely have to try this out with my leftovers next time.

Almost all leftovers are thrown out except fried chicken or pizza. I love cold fried chicken dipped in ranch. I also think pizza tastes better when it gets set in the fridge over night.

I do not want to just throw leftover foods especially if those foods can still be eaten.
We usually have fried rice in the breakfast because of the leftover rice on dinner. Also excess fried fish can be cook again with tomatoes and egg which we called sarshado. :P

We always use leftovers - so long as we can eat them. Much of the leftovers every dinner the previous night will be used for breakfast and a little bit of lunch the next day. This is helpful for people like me - especially if the dishes are something I like, haha! It lets me have a "second go" for those dishes, haha.

Potatoes and gravy sounds really awesome. Gravy goes with just about anything, in my opinion. Definitely have to try this out with my leftovers next time.

Throw a few frozen Yorkshire puds in the oven too and then when they are heated up spoon the ingredients into the Yorkies and pour the gravy on top. Yum!

I do not want to just throw leftover foods especially if those foods can still be eaten.
We usually have fried rice in the breakfast because of the leftover rice on dinner. Also excess fried fish can be cook again with tomatoes and egg which we called sarshado. :P

That sounds delicious for breakfast! Do you have a recipe for this dish?

Nowadays we should learn to be thrifty just to save some for our food expenses and should avoid wasting foods. At home we often use leftover foods for our fried rice, egg omelette, and mixed vegetables recipes and they are still useful instead of buying ingredients for these recipes.

Back
Top Bottom