Using leftovers

That sounds delicious for breakfast! Do you have a recipe for this dish?

Cooking fried rice is just easy. Just saute garlic and onion and then add the leftover rice on it and mix while frying. Add salt according to taste. You can add bits of meat on the rice too to make it more tasty.
The recipe for leftover fried fish is also easy. Saute garlic and onion and then add slices of tomatoes. Then add the fish and a cup of water. Add one or two eggs, slightly mix it and let it boil for several minutes.

Yes, I use my leftovers. It is budget friendly. Also, I really do like some dishes rewarmed a second day. For example, when I make a pasta dish. The first night I have the pasta and the sauce separate. But then, I mix everything up in a bowl and throw it in the fridge. It is always a treat the next night or for a great lunch!

I often cook too much rice and use the extra in another dish. When cooking too much pasta, leftovers can be turned into a cold pasta salad. Cooked potatoes can be turned into potato salad. Cooked vegetables, leftover meat or fish can easily be served chilled from the fridge or recooked in a hot sauce or soup.

I can't think of anything that I cook that could not be be re-used if there are ever any leftovers.

My husband usually takes the leftovers to work the next day for lunch. Whatever is left, my son and I will also eat for lunch. I never have to worry about food going to waste because I try to make just enough for dinner and maybe one more meal.

Honestly, it depends on the leftovers. I do not keep leftover rice or really any left over starches (other than plain noodles). If it is veggies and meat I will keep it. You can easily make a casserole out of it or put it in some soup. I use to make a big thing of ham and turkey and turn it into meals for the next week. But starches I found usually don't taste the same, plus they get all soft and icky. Maybe it is just me.

It depends, for instance I won't keep leftover steamed veggies and won't always keep seafood, but otherwise I keep all of my leftovers because I hate wasting food and like having something for lunch the next day if I am not feeling very motivated to make lunch. I know some people freeze their leftovers but I just pack mine up and put them in the fridge to be eaten within the next 24 hours or so. I don't like to keep a lot of little things in my freezer.

Back
Top Bottom