Usual chicken dish

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
2:03 PM
Chicken is the most popular meat here because it is the cheapest. I remember when I was in grade school, my mother would be ranting on the high price of chicken so she bought pork instead. But now it is the other way around.

Our usual dish of chicken is the easiest - fried chicken pieces marinated in lemon and soy sauce. When I have no time, I just instruct our housemaid to pick a lemon in the garden and marinade the chicken from the fridge. About 30 minutes before meal time, I would fry it so it is served hot on the dining table.

My usual way of cooking chicken these days is to throw some olive oil and spices on it and throw it in the oven. If I'm actually planning ahead, I make a marinade for the chicken the night before. This week I did three different marinades so I could have some variety in flavor while eating basically the same thing all week. They all had a base of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I added dijon mustard, capers, and white wine to the first marinade. The second one had red pepper flakes, Sriracha, and curry powder. The third one had lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and cumin. They all turned out well, but I like the first one the best. Dijon mustard is excellent in poultry marinades.

Usually, I don't have a lot of time to cook so my cooking's quite simple. What I do most is simply coating chicken pieces in flour, salt, pepper and paprika before frying them. I rely on store bought marinades or honey and soy sauce, so I'm looking for some other simple marinades. @CoolCat, yours look quite good and I might try them! Thanks for the ideas :okay:

Since I prefer to eat chicken than pork and beef I had this favorite recipe for a chicken that I learned from a good chef. Marinate the cut size chicken drumsticks in salt, black pepper and ginger. Then coat one by one each piece of chicken with potato starch. Then deep fry it in grape seed oil. This oil is good for deep frying because it will not burn what you are frying. To make a crispier fried chicken double fry it. Then set it aside and cool. And for the sauce saute garlic then add soy sauce, vinegar, corn or rice syrup and mustard and continue to boil until the sauce thickens and then mix the fried chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds before serving. This is so delicious and very yummy!

I recently started cutting the chicken up into small cubes, dusting them with flour, seasoning the meat and frying them in vegetable oil. I let them get brown pour off the the oil if any is left, add a little water to let the meat finish cooking. This makes a little gravy which can be pour over rice. Just steam some vegetables or a salad and dinner is ready.

Reactions: L_B
There are so many different recipes for chicken. I love grilling chicken breasts - boneless and skinless which have been marinaded in a Greek marinade - oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, some feta cheese. It's so flavourful. But I'll also make a baked chicken in a pest sauce. Chicken strips are always a hit too, breaded in panko and fried until crispy. I love to make chicken stir fries with black bean sauce and served over white rice. In the winter I make a hearty creamy chicken noodle soup with milk as the base and carrots and celery. It's so filling and comforting.

My friend gave me a shichimi which is a spice from Japan. She taught me a simple fried chicken recipe using the said spice mix. We use chicken wings, coated them with potato starch and shichimi then double fried them to achieve that crunch we are going for. It was a success and I love the taste too bad I do not know where to find this shichimi togarashi spice. There are some recipes I found online but none of them came close

I usually cook my chicken in the oven too with a pre-made spice rub, S&P, olive and lemon. The leftover juices also make for great gravy. I boil some vegetables like potatoes, carrots and beans to add some nutritional value along with the protein. All in all doing these dishes will take me half an hour-- pretty easy.

I like to make a sauce with barbecue sauce and stick my chicken in the oven most times. When we start to tire of that and we have recently, I'll just play around with all kinds of quick recipes for chicken and there are hundreds out there. I like to pan sear chicken breast from time to time.

Most often, if it's bone in, skin on chicken, I will slow roast it in the oven until the skin is really brown and the meat is tender. I will keep the seasonings and flavorings simple, some salt, pepper, fresh parsley and garlic. That way I can use the chicken in many different recipes when I have leftovers. I can easily warm some of the shredded chicken up with some taco seasoning for chicken tacos or burritos. Or I can dice some of it up and toss it in pesto, and make a chicken sandwich out of it.

If I am gonna spend a couple hours roasting some chicken in the oven, I will often do larger batches, so I don't have to keep turning the oven on just to cook one or two pieces at a time. Plus some of our grocery stores around here have been selling large packs of chicken thighs dirt cheap. I can get a pack of nearly 10 for like under $4.

The chicken breast I am a little more cautious with since it dries out so easily. If the breasts are small enough I will de-bone them and leave the skin on then slowly saute them skin side down until the fat renders down and the skin becomes brown and crispy. It's important to do this on low though so you don't dry out the breast meat itself before the skin renders out it's fat and crisps up. Then I just flip it over and either put a lid on it to finish cooking the breast meat through, or pop it unto the oven to finish cooking.

Honestly, lately my usual way to prep chicken has just been to grill it, and then chop it up and use it in salads. Another favorite way we like to prepare it is as chicken parmigiana, with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sometimes I'll also add some pesto to that if we have it on hand.

I also like using it for Mexican chicken tacos/burrito filling - we just put it in the slow cooker with some salsa and taco seasonings and cook it on low until it's cooked and super easy to shred. It's delish and can be used in quite a few things.

We tend to use chicken thighs because they have so much more flavour, unless we are having coq au vin then it has to be leg.

As I type there is chicken and pork in the oven. Only recently I was saying it feels like I could have chicken every day. I thought of it more when a new member said she was vegetarian. Sometimes I think I could quit the meat scene and then I need some chicken or fish.

Today I was going to make a stew but I felt like I did not have all the ingredients I needed. I am out of thyme and that makes a difference in my stews. I see a lot of people talking about thighs, but it's the one part of the chicken I don't care for.

I'm not sure what the question is but I love me some fried chicken. I am craving for some right now! I am currently obsessed with Korean chicken though. They taste a little bit sweet and you can add garlic which always tastes wonderful. Chicken burritos and any sort of wrap is good too though I think it's more because of the garnish than the chicken itself.

I like chicken breasts stuffed with pesto and mozzarella,then wrapped in parma ham before cooking.

Back
Top Bottom