Valentine’s Day 2022

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
6:09 PM
Anybody making anything special for Valentine’s Day this year, or going out somewhere special?

I’ve started with these:

I cannot lie…from a box mix (devil’s food), but I’ll make a raspberry buttercream for frosting later.

I did overfill a few of these, which explains why there are 10 instead of 12. 😬

We are having a quiet meal at home, with all the comedy festival stuff and being a work night we have enough going on.

A few years ago as a valentines treat I took her to see a one man show by the left wing activist Mark Thomas about the Israeli wall and land grabs in Palestine. She really liked it.

We went hard the last few days..we have been offering a valentine special and wing specials simultaneously...then, the friggin' flood...had to go in for a few hours today..nowhere to eat out in our close proximity..we moved a few cases of lobster tails and I think we have two tails left..perfect..now, if I can convince my wife to use them in a paella instead of surf and turf...I have some nice chorizo in the freezer...and, we sell steak, so I'm kinda tired of it...

Last edited:
we moved a few cases of lobster tails and I think we have two tails left..perfect..now, if I can convince my wife to use them in a paella instead of surf and turf...

That would certainly suit me as a Valentine's meal.

I can only say what I would like someone to do for me on Valentine's. It starts with oysters (that for once I don't have to shuck myself) and champagne...

Last edited:
I'm trying out a new-to-me cake that needs to sit for at least 24 hours, so that will be DH's Valentine's Day treat.
For dinner I'll be making boneless Rib Eye Steaks on the gasser, Mushrooms over the top of the Steaks, Baked Jacket Potatoes and a tossed Salad.

Wife offered us to look after daughter and sons kids tonight ( its Valentines today) while they go out.kids dropped off later. They all want pasta. I will make sauce from our garden tomatoes.
Wife and I shared niceties this .morning.
Just another day here.

Russ
I've never heard it called that before, but thanks for sharing.

Covid won't beat me, so I had enough energy today to cook my husband's favorite food: Indonesian rice with side dishes ( nasi lemak).

Vegetarian this time. You see eggs in spicy peanut sauce ( sateh telor) , very hot spiced potatoes ( kentang blado) , sajur lodeh ( vegetables stewed in coconut sauce) and rice. We also had not pictured prawn crackers.

A good way to celebrate Valentines in quarantine 🥰

Back
Top Bottom