Valentine’s Day 2022

I didn't plan tonight well. If I had, I would be doing Duck a l'Orange... so maybe I'll do that tomorrow!
No, I think tonight will be a simple chicken stir-fry with white rice.

Our culinary group got together this past Saturday for a "heart" theme, any way we wished to take it. It was via zoom, but i live close enough to one member I arrived at her place and we did the Zoom thing together. Us two in person.

Her Heart contribution was a layer "cake" with lemon, raspberry and cake, with a heart etched into the top.

My effort was to be hearts of palm salad, but at three supermarkets, not a single hearts of palm was to be discerned. So, I went with artichoke hearts, but not the salad I really wanted. I did create an avocado-based dressing for the salad I did make.

And my other effort for that meal was Peruvian Anticuchos.

For those not in the know, this is beef or bison heart, marinated with Peruvian pepper paste, and some vinegar and herbs, then either pan fried on skewers, or grilled. Decided to pan-fry this time.

Very good and tasty!!!

Oh, tonight, Valentines Day: some leftover heart. Maybe I should share some with my cat, she is in her own way, a real love!

Well, work put the damper on our VDay meal (until tomorrow, hopefully), but I did manage to make some raspberry buttercream to frost those cupcakes:

Doesn’t look like much, but it was good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom