Valentine’s Day 2024

The jacket I’m wearing in that pub pic…Marks & Sparks. 😏 😆
They do do some good stuff, they just aim at a wide range of age groups rather than a narrow demographic, you need a good eye.. and the patience to look at a lot of things.

That's something that seems to leave you as you get older (or maybe just me), the patience to shop.. unless it's kitchen ware and then I'm solid gone man 🐻 - no Baloo emoji, sacrilege! 😂

My funky pink trousers and jumper are M&S. I'm 51 but my son who's 21 also bought his favourite jumper from there.

A "romantic" midweek meal of pikelets and fruit

20240214_183705.jpg

Very busy day for Winona and I. We put together a Valentine's meal package for people to take home and cook. Always a popular sale. No time, or energy, to do anything mid week. We have a 7 course blind tasting dinner reserved for Saturday evening in a nearby community...Have a "love"ly day everybody!

A

Ah well M&S do do some nice steak. What’s poshing it up going to entail?
I’m hoping for some sort of cream sauce or maybe some Simon Hopkins The Prawn Cocktail Years treatment of the whole thing? 🤤
roasting the new spuds with rosemary and garlic, the steak will be cooed in lashings of butter and thyme, the savoy cabbage will be shredded and stir fried with bacon, onion, mustard and finished with a drop of cream. A peppercorn sauce with the lot.

I treated myself to a Gin Tonic at a bar yesterday after a walk
20231014_172846.jpg

I also made fish and chips with minty peas because my husband loves fish and I was tired.
Fish chips peas.jpg

And later I made white chocolate & raspberry mousse for our dessert, which my husband loves. Dark chocolate shavings on top.
Chocolademousse met vlokken.jpg

I treated myself to a Gin Tonic at a bar yesterday after a walk
View attachment 110079
I also made fish and chips with minty peas because my husband loves fish and I was tired.
View attachment 110081
And later I made white chocolate & raspberry mousse for our dessert, which my husband loves. Dark chocolate shavings on top.
View attachment 110080
Looks lovely.
I make crème fraiche peas to go with fish n chips but was thinking a bit of mint in there might be a good addition.
What do your minty peas have in them?

Back
Top Bottom