Valentine's Day: do you celebrate it?

I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day. It really is a lot of hub bug. A big $$ maker. My sweet George still has a little bit of a romantic in his heart.
I cooked a special dinner for him. Roasted rack of lamb, braised Brussels sprouts, pan roasted asparagus, mixed green salad with avocado and baked apple for dessert.
Now let me tell you what my sweet man did. He came home with a bouquet of flowers from the grocery store which I loved. I have had a bad cough so he brought home a bottle of cough syrup. My digital thermometer died. He bought a new one for me. He also gave me a very sweet card and 2 bars of Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds.
How sweet is that?
Ladies you should all be so happy to have a man like my Love.

The though means more than the amount spent, you are a lucky lady as am I :happy:

Not really. :headshake:
20190313_135555.jpg
?

To me, VD will always be a day of sadness & infamousness!! It was a day of tragedy, though no one died. A fire swept through an apartment down the hall, causing some of use to be displaced for almost 2 months.

We had to stay at hotels until we could come back to our apts. Mine suffered minimal water damage, but the others were quite damaged!! The one where the fire was is a burnt out shell, & won't be fixed back for some time!! :ohmy::(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom