Valentine's Day: do you celebrate it?

Not really. :headshake:

Call me an un-romantic stick in the mud, but I never go near it. Up until 12 years ago it wasn't even heard of here. Now the major stores and restaurants take advantage of it.

It is nice to do something together as a couple but it shouldn't have to be on a specific date and so much pressure to prove your love by spending a fortune :headshake:
A quiet night in with a bottle of fizz suits me just fine.

We sometimes exchange cards and I occasionally gets flowers but husband is allergic to most flowers. I love daffodils and tulips.

Most years does remind us we have not been on a 'date' since we'll before christmas (like this year) so often go out the following day (if it is a week day). One year the curry house had red roses left so I was given one and posher chocolates than the usual after eights.

Happy Valentines Day to you all, hope you have a lovely day

red-roses-50-set-compressor-700x700.jpg

We don't usually do much for valentines: we don't go out for a meal, buy cards or flowers or gifts. Instead, we have a nice meal that doesn't involve a lot of cooking or clearing up - so we can spend the time together instead of working in the kitchen :hug: Sometimes we get a takeaway, but this year we had a very simple meal of foie gras on toasted bread with a bit of salad and a nice bottle of Monbazillac (goodies which we'd brought back from one of our holidays and were saving for a special occasion).

I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day. It really is a lot of hub bug. A big $$ maker. My sweet George still has a little bit of a romantic in his heart.
I cooked a special dinner for him. Roasted rack of lamb, braised Brussels sprouts, pan roasted asparagus, mixed green salad with avocado and baked apple for dessert.
Now let me tell you what my sweet man did. He came home with a bouquet of flowers from the grocery store which I loved. I have had a bad cough so he brought home a bottle of cough syrup. My digital thermometer died. He bought a new one for me. He also gave me a very sweet card and 2 bars of Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds.
How sweet is that?
Ladies you should all be so happy to have a man like my Love.

Back
Top Bottom