Valentine's Day: romantic or cynic?

I broke down today while at the grocery and bought the old man a giant bag of peanut M&Ms for Valentine's Day..😍😁
Such a romantic I am ..

Who all here can get Jelly Belly Jelly beans? The ex and I would sometimes buy a random mix, and try to guess the flavors. I still do this with friends, from time to time.

International - GDPR

CD

Who all here can get Jelly Belly Jelly beans? The ex and I would sometimes buy a random mix, and try to guess the flavors. I still do this with friends, from time to time.

International - GDPR

CD
All the flavors and even the "gross" ones...Used to be favorite game of the kids, I forget all details, I think it was called Bean Boozled - someone spins, it lands on a flavor and you are given the bean to eat it and guess flavor. Of course kids insisted I play .... good flavors and baaaaaddd flavors like boogers, vomit, etc... thank goodness that phase is over.. 😂😂😂 the good flavors I could eat all day

All the flavors and even the "gross" ones...Used to be favorite game of the kids, I forget all details, I think it was called Bean Boozled - someone spins, it lands on a flavor and you are given the bean to eat it and guess flavor. Of course kids insisted I play .... good flavors and baaaaaddd flavors like boogers, vomit, etc... thank goodness that phase is over.. 😂😂😂 the good flavors I could eat all day

The gross flavors were a novelty for a while. I never tried any of them. They were more for kids to dare each other to eat.

CD

Who all here can get Jelly Belly Jelly beans?

I read this on the net:

"In 2006, Jelly Belly, a company producing candy that had become inexplicably linked to American patriotism, made an important decision. The company, which was struggling to produce enough jelly beans to satisfy U.S. demands as well as international ones, was ready to build internationally. After careful consideration, Jelly Belly chose to build its 50,000 square foot plant in the free-trade zone in the Rayong Province of Thailand.

Jelly Belly was careful to assure its customers that producing candy in Thailand would not impact North American distribution, manufacturing or jobs. Instead, the Thailand facility supplies customers in 55 countries outside the United States. The facility has helped Jelly Belly to better serve Europe and reach emerging growth markets in China, India and the Middle East."

But I've not seen them on sale locally. Rayong is 460 km south of us.

I read this on the net:

"In 2006, Jelly Belly, a company producing candy that had become inexplicably linked to American patriotism, made an important decision. The company, which was struggling to produce enough jelly beans to satisfy U.S. demands as well as international ones, was ready to build internationally. After careful consideration, Jelly Belly chose to build its 50,000 square foot plant in the free-trade zone in the Rayong Province of Thailand.

Jelly Belly was careful to assure its customers that producing candy in Thailand would not impact North American distribution, manufacturing or jobs. Instead, the Thailand facility supplies customers in 55 countries outside the United States. The facility has helped Jelly Belly to better serve Europe and reach emerging growth markets in China, India and the Middle East."

But I've not seen them on sale locally. Rayong is 460 km south of us.

That is complete news to me. If true, it is a great example of how a global economy can work. I hope all parties involved got a fair deal --especially the Thai workers who probably did the most physical labor.

CD

Not so much into Valentine's day as we regard it as a mainly commercial institution and are capable of showing each other our love in many other ways.

However our favorite restaurant had an offer we just couldn't refuse for tomorrow so we're going anyway :)

You Dutch always make my brain hurt. A people who are cool with weed in bars, and prostitutes in windows, who are also so darned practical and, dare I say, minimalists?

Last edited:
You dutch always make my brain hurt. A people who are cool with weed in bars, and prostitutes in windows, who are also so darned practical and, dare I say, minimalists?

That's probably because we're not bothered by much and thus also relatively satisfied with our lives. We're a happy population in general according to research. And when you're happy you don't need much frill to make life more exiting I guess. And you also feel less need to involve yourself in other's lives to tell them what to do.

Could be complete nonsense what I say here, I don't know. We're born into it so it's normal for us.

Back
Top Bottom