Vegan foods, yeah or nay?

SatNavSaysStraightOn makes her own blue vegan cheese and other vegan cheese (of which I am in awe). This company of vegan cheesemakers seem to know their stuff. The photos are tempting.

I know she does, but as a cheese nerd I always try every cheese that I can and I know almost all the vegan options are a bloody horrid disappointment and some are just disgusting so it’s good to know where you can find something that’s truly good, especially, if like Satnav, you have previously been able to eat dairy & miss it.

I used to date a guy in the mid 1990’s who developed a dairy intolerance due to chronic fatigue (he was a chef, poor thing) and we tried ALL of the alternatives back then and it was a truly frustrating and saddening experience. I was happily surprised this weekend.

I´ve probably eaten loads of vegan food since the 1980´s, without any particular concern over whether it´s "plant-based" or "carbon footprint free" or whatever. I just don´t care for all the excessive hype surrounding it.
I´ve got a friend in Caracas who makes Vegan Cheeses. Last year, she invited me and a few other friends to try out her vegan mozarella, parmesan and "goat" cheez. Very good indeed; made with cashews or almonds or macadamia nuts, and tasty indeed. I take my hat off to her.

Back
Top Bottom