1 -2 Chopped Green Chillies (Jalapeno)
1/2 cup Water
1 Potato
1 small Cauliflower
2 Cabbage
5 leaves Spinach sliced
1 1/2 cup Sliced Onion

How to make vegetable pakora:

• Boil the potato until just tender, peel and chop finely.
  • Finely chop cauliflower and onion. Shred the cabbage and spinach.
  • Mix first set of ingredients well. Beat in a blender for 4-5 minutes to incorporate air (this will make the batter fluffier).
  • Let batter rest 1/2 hour in a warm place
  • Add the vegetables and mix in evenly.
  • Deep fry in oil that is heated to 375°.
  • Drain pakoda on paper towels and serve immediately.
  • Serve vegetable pakora with coriander or mint chutney or tomato ketchup

Pakoras a very popular in the UK as a snack. I make them from time to time but usually add more spices than this recipe has: garam masala, turmeric, asafetida etc. I've never added shredded cabbage - I assume the recipe ingredients mean 2 cabbage leaves not 2 cabbages!!!

This recipe comes from http://www.indianfoodforever.com/snacks/vegetable-pakora.html
(please credit recipes copied from other sites, folks!)

That sounds amazing! I'll give it a try.
It does sound amazing or interesting as you said but I don't know I am going to be trying it anytime soon. @SatNavSaysStraightOn might like this as I believe she likes peas. Me, not so much. I am happy to leave out the peas and work with the other ingredients except I have no clue what Pakoras are.

It does sound amazing or interesting as you said but I don't know I am going to be trying it anytime soon. @SatNavSaysStraightOn might like this as I believe she likes peas. Me, not so much. I am happy to leave out the peas and work with the other ingredients except I have no clue what Pakoras are.

Basically they are simply vegetables deep-fried in a spicy batter. So really very easy to make.

l_1808_pakora-00855956-CUT1.jpg

All I know is pakoras are fried pieces of heaven. Like any friend food for the most part lol.

we can make pakoda from any vegetales, but cabbage, potato, egg plant and onion make the best pakoda. I love to eat pokoda. I can also cook pokoda myself. It is really easy to cook

In my haste I thought I read chickpeas when in fact it is chickpea FLOUR. I guess everything makes more sense now. It's not to say I knew what pakodas were anyway. When I am done I am going to be food expert here on this little rock or at least among my friends.

Back
Top Bottom