Vitamix

But if you read the reviews on tbe S30, it is not capable of "pulverising seeds". It is simply a small blender and @morning glory was looking for the ability to make things like dairy free cheese from cashew nuts, so if it can't manage seeds, it is most definitely not going to manage nuts. You need one that says it can make nut butters to ensure it is powerful enough. Btw this is one of the models we rejected when we were looking to purchase one because of that very reason.

Should've known that. I didn't know that there was a catch to that one! While it can make hot soups, I never knew that it had limitations. So small mills can grind nuts, but this one can't. Shame!! Again, as with so many other things, you get what you pay for!! :headshake:

Ah - that is enough to put me off. I am constantly experimenting and it often means things don't work. I wouldn't want to have to make larger quantities of failed sauces etc. Also, I dislike cooking more than I need and freezing things. Because I'm constantly developing new recipes, we rarely eat the same thing more than once in a blue moon. So stuff ends up languishing in the freezer forever. Its a pity they don't make a 'mini Vitamix'.

I sometimes do that, only because I try to make enough of something where I don't have to make it again, such as spaghetti sauce. I make a pot of it & freeze half of it so that I don't have to make it again the next time that I want it. :wink:

Vitamix Explorian 310 Blender..jpg
In that case, the Explorian 310 would be the better one to get.it is also the cheapest one to get!!
Comes in a choice of colors!!:wink:

Last edited:
Rather spend the money on a Pit Barrel Cooker as that would get more use than a Vitamix. Ah the toys one can acquire in this BBQ thing!:whistling:

When I want smoked meat, I can use the stovetop smoker. When I want crisped up ribs, I use the Ninja Foodi!! They're both good!! :wink:

Sorry, you know me, can't post pictures. But I wanted to tell you about my Vita-Mix. It is a Sidewinder 2200. Stainless steel, metal chrome base. First made in 1969. Bought it used from a neighbor about 40 years ago for $80.00, and it came with a 128 page cookbook. Haven't used it for quite a while. Think this winter will try making some of the hot soup recipes in the book. Thanks for the reminder. Another good thing about this forum. lol

Never heard of a Vitamix.

I've got a Kenwood Chef Titanium with several different attachments. I don't know if they're any good. Never tried pulverising seeds. it might struggle.

Never heard of a Vitamix.

I've got a Kenwood Chef Titanium with several different attachments. I don't know if they're any good. Never tried pulverising seeds. it might struggle.
It will. The Kenwood chef is a mixer with a liquidiser attachment and a coffee grinder attachment. I've grown up with them. The best were the ones that came with the white glass bowls. Fantastic, but they are for beaded making, cakes, mixing in general. Liquidating things such as pancake mix, making a smoothie from pre-ground nuts/ seeds etc.. the vitamix is a world apart from it.

Back
Top Bottom