Waffle help please

20230519_153441.jpg

So my wife came home with a new waffle maker. I dont know where to start to making them.
Muricans here please teach me the best way please. All grandkids here tomorrow night and I want to please them. I have maple syrup.
Help this dumb@#%$ kiwi?

Russ
I've never made a waffle in my life. I think TastyReuben has. What is it you're looking for, a recipe or Instructions on how to use the waffle iron? Didn't it come with an instruction manual? Plenty of good recipes online I'm sure. I'd think it's very close to pancake batter.

Growing up, my mom just used pancake batter... from a box, of course.

CD

From what I've read across a variety of recipes, beating the egg whites makes the waffles lighter and fluffier.

These are the best waffles I've had. My aunt and I make them in a deep indentation (AKA Belgium waffle in the U.S.) waffle cooker.

Recipe - My aunt's waffles

I've also made the true Belgian liege waffles with a yeasted dough (not batter) and pearled sugar. They are good too, but are more bread like. Also, if your waffle plates are not removable and your waffle cooker isn't submersible, they are a HUGE PITA to clean up after as the pearled sugar melts and caramelizes in the indentations.

These are the best waffles I've had. My aunt and I make them in a deep indentation (AKA Belgium waffle in the U.S.) waffle cooker.

Recipe - My aunt's waffles

I've also made the true Belgian liege waffles with a yeasted dough (not batter) and pearled sugar. They are good too, but are more bread like. Also, if your waffle plates are not removable and your waffle cooker isn't submersible, they are a HUGE PITA to clean up after as the pearled sugar melts and caramelizes in the indentations.

Many thanks for that. I've saved and will try next time they are here.
Sounds easy enough.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom