Website
youtube.com

👩‍🍳Ingredients👨‍🍳
60g Warabi Powder
50g Brown Sugar
270ml Water
25g Roasted Soy Bean Powder

👩‍🍳Method👨‍🍳
1. combine the Warabi powder, brown sugar, and water and mix well.
2. boil the mixture over low heat and keep stirring until it turns into translucent
3. remove from the heat and transfer to a rectangular container
4. cover with baking paper and spread the mixture evenly
5. put into fridge for 1-2 hours
6. once it is cooled, slice into cubes and toss the warabi mochi with Roasted Soy Bean Powder

Well now - I had to look up Warabi powder. It seems it can be made of different ingredients such as tapioca flour or it can be a type of fern? Obviously its some sort of setting agent but I'm not sure its very easily available in the West. What was in your Wasabi powder?

Well now - I had to look up Warabi powder. It seems it can be made of different ingredients such as tapioca flour or it can be a type of fern? Obviously its some sort of setting agent but I'm not sure its very easily available in the West. What was in your Wasabi powder?
It can also be one if your favourites :giggle: sweet potato starch. It can also be potato starch from the source I found (Warabi Mochi Recipe: How to Make Japanese Warabi Mochi - 2022 - MasterClass)

The fern used is (apparently) the common bracken but the manufacturing process is quite slow needing 6+ weeks to dry the liquid to a powder.

It should be type of fern, I know it is quite difficult to find! I only get it from baking supplies shop
1665421784807.png

This is great, thank you for sharing this recipe, I have always wanted to learn how to make this and never knew it involved only 4 ingredients. I am very excited to make homemade fresh mochi.

Back
Top Bottom