Ways to cook corn on the cob.

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
1:22 PM
[Mod.edit: this post and several following posts moved to a new thread (MG)]

No comment other than to say microwaved corn is very quick and easy.
Yeah, but you can't get the char on it. I love charred corn on the cob.

Last edited by a moderator:
No char that way. I cook mine on the on the grill (not under the grill, BTW).

CD
Under the grill? I have never heard of that method. I have seen my husband drop things under the grill when he has had too much to drink :laugh:

Under the grill? I have never heard of that method. I have seen my husband drop things under the grill when he has had too much to drink :laugh:

It's a British thing -- they call a broiler a "grill." I have to clarify what I mean by "grill" in my posts, or I will confuse some Brits.

CD

It's a British thing -- they call a broiler a "grill." I have to clarify what I mean by "grill" in my posts, or I will confuse some Brits.

CD
You mean what we would refer to as a "salamander" (not not the amphibian that resembles a newt)?

You mean what we would refer to as a "salamander" (not not the amphibian that resembles a newt)?

No, I mean the broiler in your oven. A salamander is very similar, but it is a stand-alone cooking appliance, more appropriate for restaurant kitchens.

CD

No, I mean the broiler in your oven. A salamander is very similar, but it is a stand-alone cooking appliance, more appropriate for restaurant kitchens.

CD
Ohhhhkay then, LOL. It's an oven broiler. I would never call it a grill, but I fully realize (realise LOL) that there are many different meanings to words between Murican English and UK English...

I've got a big enough kitchen I wouldn't mind having a salamander. I think they sell smaller ones more suitable for home kitchens.

Nope - but it can be blow-torched. Of course if you have an outdoor BBQ/grill its a great way to cook it.
My preferences for corn-on-the-cob:

1. Boiled like my mom did it, with a lot of milk, sugar, and salt in the water.
2/3/4. Tied between outside grill, oven broiler, and air fryer.
5. Microwave.

Back
Top Bottom