Ways to cook corn on the cob.

You're just prejudiced. It comes out beautifully juicy and fresh from the microwave. I prefer it from a BBQ/ outdoor grill. But if you are going to boil them whole I think you might as well microwave them.

Compared to boiling, the microwave does a good job. Cooked, but still a bit of a crunch.

If I am cooking something else on the charcoal grill, I'll put the corn on, too. For just corn, I fire up the gas grill. The results are close enough, and it is way easier.

CD

I have to confess I have come to prefer microwaved corn on the cob over boiled corn on the cob. However many decades ago were were introduced to grilled (UK terminology) corn on the cob with olive oil drizzled over during the cooking stage and really really like thai method. I've not actually tried using the BBQ to cook corn on the cob yet.

So, for a quick salad, I'll microwave it. For a treat, I'll grill it.

I just bought some corn on the cob because of this thread. I'm not usually a big fan of it but I had a sudden craving. Photos tomorrow maybe...

I bought some last week, and was going to cook it on the grill (BBQ) last night, but even in the fridge, it went bad on me before I could cook it. :(

CD

I do corn a bit differently. I remove most of the husk and leave maybe 2 or 3 layers and then I soak the corn in water; usually by weighing them down in a container of water. 20 minutes later, I throw it on the grill outdoors. The corn effectively steams in its own husk. Then I have two options:
Option A. For those who like a clean cob, I can slice off the stem end of the corn and the most of the silk will come off when removing the husk from the other end (like kaneohegirlinaz video showed).
Option B. Peel back the husk, discard the silk, and place back on the grill for a light char. This is my preference (plus some butter and seasoned salt).

Now I'm craving corn on the cob!

I do corn a bit differently. I remove most of the husk and leave maybe 2 or 3 layers and then I soak the corn in water; usually by weighing them down in a container of water. 20 minutes later, I throw it on the grill outdoors. The corn effectively steams in its own husk. Then I have two options:
Option A. For those who like a clean cob, I can slice off the stem end of the corn and the most of the silk will come off when removing the husk from the other end (like kaneohegirlinaz video showed).
Option B. Peel back the husk, discard the silk, and place back on the grill for a light char. This is my preference (plus some butter and seasoned salt).

Now I'm craving corn on the cob!

Make mine option B.

CD

Sorry, Rhymin’ Simon but I couldn’t help myself:

50 Ways to Cook Your Corncob

“The problem is all inside your head,”
She said to me
"The answer is easy if you take it logically.
I'd like to help you try and stuff your gob
There must be fifty ways
To cook your corncob.”

She said, "It's really not my habit to intrude,
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Won't be lost or misconstrued,
But I'll repeat myself
So you can get on with the job:
There must be fifty ways
To cook your corncob.
Fifty ways to cook your corncob."

You just put it on the grill, Bill.
Boil it on the hob, Bob.
Do it ‘til it’s done, son,
Just get yourself some corn

Nuke it in the microwave, Dave.
Even in the air fryer, Meyer.
Do it ‘til it’s done, son
Just get yourself some corn.

Corn on the cob.. something I dearly miss. I love love love corn on the cob, but corn gave me an ileus (bowel obstruction) the last time I ate it in it's whole state so I dare not anymore. Such a shame. I can eat cornbread and cornflakes, but that's completely different.

Back
Top Bottom