Wearing glasses

My prescription (progressive) sunglasses are aviators, and the large surface area of the lenses makes them tolerable.
I have a pair of mirrored Aviators. I like to think they look cool, but I'm sure someone will correct me. Every time I put them on, in my mind I become a Top Gun pilot. My main sunglasses are Serengeti Drivers. Great for driving in, rubbish for looking at my phone.

Short-sightedness has affected me since I was about 12 yrs old, when I started wearing glasses. In my twenties I spent a fair bit of time on horseback, where glasses were neither safe nor practical, so I switched to contacts. They have always served me well, but now I need reading glasses as well. I just need to remember where I left them.

Short-sightedness has affected me since I was about 12 yrs old, when I started wearing glasses. In my twenties I spent a fair bit of time on horseback, where glasses were neither safe nor practical, so I switched to contacts. They have always served me well, but now I need reading glasses as well. I just need to remember where I left them.

It's worse when you're looking for them and you're still wearing them, I guess....

I have a pair of mirrored Aviators. I like to think they look cool, but I'm sure someone will correct me. Every time I put them on, in my mind I become a Top Gun pilot. My main sunglasses are Serengeti Drivers. Great for driving in, rubbish for looking at my phone.

I have three pair of Sarengeti drivers -- got them free for product reviews when I worked for a car magazine. One pair is pretty much an Aviator shape. Yes, they are pretty much only good for driving, and they are very good for that -- even on cloudy days.

Of course, the originals are Ray Ban, what Joe wears.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 11.57.56 AM.png

CD

Last edited:
I have three pair of Sarengeti drivers -- got them free for product reviews when I worked for a car magazine. One pair is pretty much an Aviator shape. Yes, they are pretty much only good for driving, and they are very good for that -- even on cloudy days.

Of course, the originals are Ray Ban, what Joe wears.

CD
I knew you would have Serengeti Drivers! Supposedly worn by most F1 drivers, for good reason.

I knew you would have Serengeti Drivers! Supposedly worn by most F1 drivers, for good reason.
We did an article on sunglasses in the magazine. I got about a dozen pair of sunglasses from the companies. I gave some away (the ones I didn't like). I kept about six pair, including a pair of ridiculously priced Porshe Design sunglasses (they left me voice mail messages that they wanted them back, but I somehow didn't get those messages).

Sarengeti kept sending me sunglasses for our product review section (six pages of fluff).

CD

Those guys have too much time on their hands. I have some Porsche Design knives. 911, job done. You can go home now.

They were pretty arrogant. They tried to "qualify" me to get a pair of glasses. I finally said, "If you want to be in the four-page article in our magazine, send some glasses," and left it up to them to decide. It was product promotion in a car magazine for the cost of one pair of sunglasses. They figured it out, and sent a pair of glasses.

I couldn't believe they wanted me to send them back. That only happened one other time, but that was a very expensive product -- and they told me up front that they needed it back.

CD

Didn't need glasses till my early 60's. It almost seemed that my eyesight deteriorated for reading in a matter of months. I'd always had excellent vision so it was a bit of a shock. When I was in the home electronics repair trade I used to deliberately look away from circuit boards and tiny writing and would focus on trees opposite for a few minutes to exercise my eyes.

Incidentally I read recently that aging is not wholly linear as I thought. There are, allegedly, different times where it is more rapid. Peaks of aging in late twenties to early thirties, then early sixties and then mid to late seventies.

The best sunglasses I have ever used are cheap polarized glasses. I found they are the best for driving a commercial dive boat. When trying to spot objects on the ocean's surface, they allow full clarity in glare.

I wear glasses all of my awake time. It is -6.5, -5.5. plus astigmatism. Worn glasses since 6 y old, sight deteriorated bit by bit.

It is stabile for the last 15 y or so. Assume it has much to do with reading tiny music notation, but not only. Both my parents wear glasses.

My kid wore glasses for a year or two when she was 4/5 y old, but with daily exercise we could lift them. Ever since she wears none.

I hope age will bring me balance, some say age longsight can balance the shortsight🤓🤷

I'd love to wear cool sunglasses. Have only worn them shortly when I had contact lenses.

Got used to hats,caps...and eye clinching.

I tried some 5usd sunglasses for fun this summer. But I really Saw the photo only after putting my regulars back on😂

Back
Top Bottom