Wearing glasses

Apologies if I've told this story before.

Had a friend many years ago who wore glasses. He was the local archaeologist and was forever putting his glasses on and off to study things.
So he bought one of those string type things that attach to the ear hook part of the glasses, that way he could just take his glasses off and drop them while he was doing stuff.

Anyway, one summer he decided he was going to buy some sunglasses. He was full of himself, he'd bought some (allegedly) really expensive, top of the range Rayban's. He was convinced they made him look sharp and cool. He must have gone on about them for half an hour.
He was on site shortly afterwards and looked at a sherd of pottery for somebody. Forgetting he had his brand new Raybans on he just took them off and dropped them. Straight on to a boulder.

Apologies if I've told this story before.

Had a friend many years ago who wore glasses. He was the local archaeologist and was forever putting his glasses on and off to study things.
So he bought one of those string type things that attach to the ear hook part of the glasses, that way he could just take his glasses off and drop them while he was doing stuff.

Anyway, one summer he decided he was going to buy some sunglasses. He was full of himself, he'd bought some (allegedly) really expensive, top of the range Rayban's. He was convinced they made him look sharp and cool. He must have gone on about them for half an hour.
He was on site shortly afterwards and looked at a sherd of pottery for somebody. Forgetting he had his brand new Raybans on he just took them off and dropped them. Straight on to a boulder.
Oh no😂old habits are hard...

I am reminded of a story of a friend who wore contact lenses. He was working away from home one week and staying at a hotel. One night, there was a rather hefty post-work drinking session and when he got back to the hotel, he couldn't find the case for his lenses. He gave up and found a couple of tumblers in the bathroom, filled them with water and put a lens into each.

You probably know what's going to happen. He woke up in the middle of the night, still somewhat out of it and very dehydrated. He spotted the tumblers and thought, "Blimey, that was clever of me to leave myself a couple of glasses of water to drink."

Oops.

There is a Tuna fish somehwhere in the Pacific wearing my Ray Bans....One year in Puerto Vallarta I was strutting along the beach feeling pretty proud of myself, when a rogue wave came and smashed into me, carrying me back into the surf...I felt the glasses coming off and thought for a second everything was going to be fine and when I reached down to grab them, swoosh! They were gone...never to be seen again..
From hero to zero in one second flat..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom