Weight Loss Programs

Nice to meet another tall lady (183cm here) :wave:
I know exactly what you mean about some of the guideline weights being too thin....apparently my healthy weight is somewhere between about 62kg and 84kg. I'm aiming for 75kg which for me is a small UK size 14 or large size 12 (I think Aus uses the same sizing as the UK?) but once I reach 80kg I'll assess how I feel and whether to stop there or carry on.

This is a really interesting article on the limitations of using BMI to calculate ideal weight: Piece of string better than BMI for checking body fat I'm not sure if I'd rely on it solely, but its another way of assessing progress.

Good luck with your weight loss journey :okay:

Thank you.

When we first bought the Wii Fit I looked up some stuff about BMI & knew it wasn’t truly relevant for me. It actually indicates 67kg as my ideal weight.

I was 65kg as a teen & even strangers commented constantly about me being underweight, my family & close family friends were extremely vocal, except my Dad who knew I ate huge meals but I was very active - cross country runner, BMX racing plus school sports. I got up to about 70kg in late high school and people were still commenting. The best thing about being fat is people don’t say anything. It’s pretty rare unless I bring it up myself.

Oatmeal
Oatmeal can help you lose weight in two ways. First, it's packed with fibre and it keeps you feeling fuller longer.
Second, a recent study in the reported that eating a breakfast made with "slow-release" carbohydrates—such as oatmeal or bran cereal—3 hours before you exercise may help you burn more fat.
How? Eating "slow-release" carbohydrates doesn't spike blood sugar as high as eating refined carbohydrates (think: white toast).
In turn, insulin levels don't spike as high. Because insulin plays a role in signalling your body to store fat, having lower blood sugar levels may help you burn fat.

Back
Top Bottom