Were do you do your food shopping?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
6:29 PM
l always visit the market to get my fruits and vegetables and I buy everything else from the supermarket what about you?

I usually go to the supermarket, but lately I have been getting my vegetables from friends who grow them. I still do my other shopping at the supermarket.

Supermarket at home regularly ,really like the farmers market when I can get to them,more e pensive but quality shines through

Yeah I like going to farmers markets as well. My only problem is I don't get to go very often, but the produce is worth the price. The supermarket is ok but I tend to get the organic vegetables mire than theirs.

Supermarket for 99% of the stuff. Usually I get my bread from a bakery and that's about it.

The local market is the easiest and most convenient way to buy vegetables.It is fresh and from the farms close by. The supermarkets and hypermarkets are reserved more for grocery shopping.

I went to Wal-Mart to grt me some vegetables because they have been advertising that it comes from local farmers, but I think I will still go to the farmstands and farmers market.

For years I always go to Walmart but I don't like that a lot of their vegetables will sit on the trays till they look rotten before they move them. I love Festival Food. Their vegetables area just look so gorgeous and fresh and they have a wide variety of veggies you can choose from.

I like to make my shopping once a week, so I have to organize a tour, going to Walmart and any other supermarket if needed, depending on the offers, but also going to small grocery stores and regular markets.

So my shopping goes this way: first thing to have in mind is what days are offers and where, then match the best day to go on shopping and organize the "tour" to save also time because visiting more than one or two stores a day is really time consuming.

I found a store here called Johnson's Giant Food and they have the best fruits and vegetables. I will be going there for these from now on. It's also close to my house which makes it convenient.

It is a combination of the local market and supermarket. For example, chicken, egg, meat and vegetables, which are fast consumable food items, I prefer to buy from the local shop, whereas for our weekly and monthly groceries, I prefer going to the supermarket.

I go to the supermarket twice a month to do grocery shopping. I also go to a dollar store called 99 cents only which is more then your average dollar store. It actually has a frozen food and produce section that rivals most grocery stores, and is most of which is just one dollar. So, I find that shopping there has also cut down on my food bill along with giving me the option of buying produce I wouldn't be able to afford in a regular grocery store.

Oh, those dollar stores are usually a blessing when it comes to cut down costs in your monthly budget, not only in food but many other household items that you can get from there.

In this city the only survivor is Waldo's Dollar Mart though.

While I was in Leicester I did most of it at the Market, which is pure awesome. Now I'm back in San Francisco and use the local market for most vegetables and basics, with meat coming from the local butcher when I can. When I can't I pop into Safeway so see what's in the clearance section and use that in the crockpot.

I go to the supermarket for some of my foods like fruits and vegetables, but I go to Wal-Mart for a lot of my other groceries. I like some of the prices at Wal-Mart and they have a lot of low prices on some of my favorite products, but I like the fruits and vegetables at the supermarket near my house better.

Back
Top Bottom