What 5 food items would you buy more of if the prices were more affordable?

Local time
8:58 PM
There are certain food items that we have a liking for, but, because of the high price of these items, we tend to buy them on a not-so-regular basis.

The 5 food items that I would like to buy more often are:

Bacon
Dried cereals like raisin bran, shredded wheat and cornflakes.
Wheat germ, which goes well with cereals.
Turkey
Liquid aminos, which is a healthy replacement for salt.

What are your top 5 food items that you like, but neglect to buy because of the price?

1. Fresh Dates.... we buy them and have them all the time, but I would purchase a different type of them.
  2. Smoked Tofu
  3. A tinned Iranian Aubergine dish which I rather like....
  4. Booja Booja anything - ice cream, chocolate... (it's very good dairy free chocolate)
  5. .... shall have to have a think on this one

Salmon definitely tops the list. I would love to make myself salmon sushi as often as weekly if I had the money, but sadly I have not had salmon more than a few times a year because of the cost.

Gluten free granola, it's like $9 a pound, definitely relegated to the special treat category.

Organic yogurt.

Service deli lunch meats like sliced turkey.

Avocado.

almonds; decent lightly salted ones from spain (our experience is that spanish are the best, for some reason; I'm sure others exist, we have not found them)
salmon; fresh, non-farmed (with you on this one DL, most salmon here is farmed, which although good, has a different flavour)
caviar!
good champagne (its like a food for me!)
will get back to you for the fifth...

For me it's oysters, steak, creme fraiche is super expensive here as well, and fresh seedless grapes. Oh man, sometimes one of my mum's students would buy us imported grapes from Australia and they are AMAZING.

If there are price reduction for the food items that I would like to buy these are:

1. Olive Oil
2. Almonds and Walnuts
3. Fresh Lettuce
4. Beef Sirloin
5. Cream Cheese

These five items are being sold at a high price in most of the groceries and supermarkets here in our place. That is why when ever there is a price reduction in these products I really them buy at once.

1. Almonds
2. Salmon
3.Red Wine
I don't have more than these 3.

Good fine quality real ale [non of this lager/mass produced bitter stuff] from small independent breweries.
Decent steak [although it is hard to cook properly without a gas hob]
Good quality and tasty sausages.
That's about it really.

salmon
fresh tuna steaks
rack of lamb
beef ribs
burrata
vanilla bean pods

I'm sure I could think of more!

Salmon/tuna/any meat. I'm a big carnivore but the fact is that often meat is ridiculously expensive so I end up getting some cheaper stuff or making portions with less meat and more veggies. And nuts, especially cashew and pistachios. Both are delicious but the price is so high that I only get them on special occasions.

Pine nuts
Botarga
Saffron
Vanilla pods
Rare beer from breweries such as Cantillon, 3 Fonteinen, The Bruery and Port Brewing

salmon
fresh tuna steaks
rack of lamb
beef ribs
burrata
vanilla bean pods

I'm sure I could think of more!

Oh yeah, lamb...I LOVE lamb...Whenever my family and I go to this mega expensive buffet, we'd always stock up on their spit roasted lamb. So good.

My top five would be:

Good quality steak
Bell peppers (can be quite expensive here in the UK)
Green & Blacks chocolate
Starbucks or Lavazza coffee beans
Beef joints for roasting.

So basically beef, chocolate and coffee. Healthy...not!

i feel like Humpty Dumpty with a big head ,but i have access to most seasonal commodities through the business and can get most items as a gift from suppliers which does make dinner parties and meals on the cheaper side,saffron,vanilla pods,are a regular ingredients in my home dishes,and often get samples of new foods

Shrimp
Olive Oil
Salmon
Pecans
Gluten Free products

I am sure I am going to think of something I should have put here that would be more of a priority, but for now this is it.

Back
Top Bottom