What 5 food items would you buy more of if the prices were more affordable?

I really should have added olive oil and salmon to my list, so that would make it 7 items. I know that olive oil is a healthier oil to use than other oils, but always overlook it whenever I go to the grocery store because of the high price. I like the taste of salmon but would often bypass it in favour of other fish which more suit my budget.

Seafood in general-purpose is expensive no matter what the season

Asparagus- I love the stuff, but do not like $3 per pound.

Rib eye steak

White Abacocore tuna

A good bottle of red wine.

First of all, I would buy more organic food it they were more affordable. There is no way I could eat organic without going completely broke.
But the main 5 foods I would buy more of are
Red berries
quinoa
better quality specialty tomato sauce (I love pasta but will only do them with cheap sauce)
Italian parma ham
different kinds of cheese

I would like to say that I buy what I want based on what I like, but there are times when I do walk away from things because of price. That usually has less to with the cost and more to do with my budget at the time, and there are other times where I don't add up cost as I shop. I think you have to look at your lifestyle and purchases and decide what the priorities are. Makeup and jewelry and lattes and other things people spend money on weekly or daily are not things I buy, so because of that I can afford to spend a little more on my food.

First of all, I would buy more organic food it they were more affordable. There is no way I could eat organic without going completely broke.
But the main 5 foods I would buy more of are
Red berries
quinoa
better quality specialty tomato sauce (I love pasta but will only do them with cheap sauce)
Italian parma ham
different kinds of cheese

Good call on the organic food. I wish I could purchase more of it myself, but it is so expensive. It makes no sense that food that is raised and grown naturally would be more expensive than the food that is treated with chemicals and preservatives. I am sure there is a reason behind it, but it makes no sense to me.

Salmon, crab, shrimp, lobster, and scallops. I'm a big seafood fan, but it's more than I can afford most months. It makes me regret moving inland.

This is actually a good question!!! Let's see, I'm pretty good at bargain shopping and I think milk and eggs are usually fairly priced. I also love bacon but I don't buy it often. I would like rice in the bigger bags to cost less. I'd also like pumpkins to cost less. I know you can only get them once a year but they still seem rather overpriced. I think this would be my list:
Ramune Sodas
Rice
Pumpkins
Watermelons
crab oil.

Kobe beef ,one London eatery was charging over 1000£ A kilo for basically roast beef for 5 ,there are a lot of scams out there for this ingredient,but to eat it in Japan where it comes from could be my all five .....

Back
Top Bottom