What about eating dogs?

You say that, but it's not like Tuna are eating quorn mince and knitting yoghurt; pigs are omnivores and we/I eat them so it's hard to justify not chowing down on canids? Some chihuahuas are almost bite-sized... so they are essentially asking for it.

I guess there is some (perhaps instinctive?) thing about not eating obligate carnivorous mammals so I'd probably choose a dog over a cat despite being friendlier with dogs than those aloof coquettish feline buggers. I dunno, it's mainly a cultural thing isn't it? Goes way beyond logic.
you have said it yourself - pigs are NOT carnivores birds [apart from eagles vultures etc] are not carnivores - my point is not that eating a [pure] carnivore is the end of the world just that it is wasteful of a resource - the dog eats meat [originally] so to eat the dog we are just re-eating the meat [protein] we could have eaten in the first place

Have you ever looked in their eyes as you pulled them from their watery, peaceful habitat by their mouths after tricking them into eating a tasty morsel that has a barbed metal spike hidden inside?

I was dating a guy that liked to fish so altho i didn't eat fish(this was my pre-vegetarian days and even then i was trending toward being veggie) i was game to go fishing with him with a rod with no bait. I figured i'd have the fun of throwing out the little bobber and not have to deal the idea of a paniced fish being pulled from his breathable environment. So out i casted with my baitless line and i would pull it back in and enjoying the evening on the water when dang it i could swear i caught something. My guy poopooed me and i told him that bobber is being pulled under and indeed it was. So i reeled my line back in and yep i had somehow had caught a small fish...tho it was only half a fish something had tried to bite my unlikely catch and got away with half. On one hand i was glad i was not dealing with a live fish gasping and flopping around but on the other i was sad for the little half fish...and i did tear up a bit...and the fishing part of the evening was over.

Actually i can't answer for this question, because it depends upon the persons ... The fact is Dogs meat is llike chicken, Mutton, Ducks and Rabbit... so the same for dogs, those who wish can have rest can leave it.:angelic:

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope with an extra side of nope. Or cats. I have a cat.

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope with an extra side of nope. Or cats. I have a cat.
I just want to be clear @Mewmew . Your answer is "No". :unsure:

My wife had dog stew once. She didn’t know it until after she had eaten. Vomiting ensued. One of our son in laws is half Vietnamese so we tease him. He was in Georgia and saw an Asian restaurant above a pet store and took a picture. Probably never be accepted in America as a form of food

When I was in Seoul about 20 years ago dog meat was openly advertised and sold on the street. No one seemed to bother about it. I stayed in a good hotel but it wasn't advertised in their menus. I've bred German shepherds so I love my animals but I wasn't offended, it is a cultural thing though.

Russ

I wouldn't knowingly eat dog. I especially wouldn't knowingly eat cat. (I've never had a dog in my house, but I've had a bunch of cats as pets over the years.) Yes, it's cultural. I am an omnivore, but I do draw my personal line at certain animals. Dogs, cats, primates, endangered species (I stopped eating bluefin tuna something like 15 years ago.)

That being said, I grew up in an adventurous household, and have eaten a wide variety of animals: rattlesnake, alligator, kangaroo, bear, rabbit, squirrel (this one is REALLY good).

Back
Top Bottom