What are you baking today (2024)?

My husband baked me this chocolate-peanut butter cake topped with Skor bits today!
IMG_9064.jpeg

He’s normally not much of a baker of sweets (he bakes a lot of bread) but this was all fancy and even has layers!

It is good but incredibly rich.

My husband baked me this chocolate-peanut butter cake topped with Skor bits today!
View attachment 112317
He’s normally not much of a baker of sweets (he bakes a lot of bread) but this was all fancy and even has layers!

It is good but incredibly rich.
We need a pic of the inside! I wanna see those layers!

I saw TastyReuben 's Yorkshire puds and thought "that's exactly what I had on Sunday for lunch!" and then got to wondering how different people make a Yorkshire Pud. You'd think something as straightforward as a YP would be pretty simple, right?
The ratio of Flour to Liquid ( mostly milk, but sometimes milk & water) ranged from 100% (ie. same amount of milk as flour) to an incredible 290% . The number of eggs used went from 2 to 4; and you'd think that would be more liquid, more eggs, right? Nope. There was no correlation between any of the recipes. Some of the lowest ratios used 4 eggs, whilst the biggest only used 2.
Serious Eats, the BBC, the Royal Chemical Society, Mark HJix, John Torode, Mary Berry, Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, St Delia - no-one agreed. Amazing.

Just took 2 (8X8) pumpkin spice cakes out of the oven. Will post pictures of frosted and sliced later.

Jeweled carrot cake ( with ginger, carrots dates, almonds & apricots ) and cream cheese frosting. Adapted recipe from the Hairy Bikers. They didn't add ginger, almonds & apricots & dates, and they added no frosting.
20240425_115158.jpg

I also put the icing in a seperate container as recommended by Nigella Lawson so the cake can be kept longer by serving the icing only in the piece you're going to eat. Ideal with a smaller household.
20240425_115014.jpg

Recipe will be shared for the ginger challenge.
Recipe - Jeweled carrot cake

Last edited:
Jeweled carrot cake ( with ginger, carrots dates, almonds & apricots ) and cream cheese frosting. Adapted recipe from the Hairy Bikers. They didn't add ginger, almonds & apricots & dates, and they added no frosting.
View attachment 112756
I also put the icing in a seperate container as recommended by Nigella Lawson so the cake can be kept longer by serving the icing only in the piece you're going to eat. Ideal with a smaller household.
View attachment 112757
Recipe will be shared for the ginger challenge.
Recipe - Jeweled carrot cake
That looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom