What are you baking today (2024)?

Today was senior discount day at the supermarket so I brought home a haul of wide variety. Among the results of my shopping was a large package of blueberries. I bought them to use in the new blender for making smoothies but I took a large handful and used them in these muffins. I will put a recipe in the appropriate forum.

muffins.jpg

Today was senior discount day at the supermarket so I brought home a haul of wide variety. Among the results of my shopping was a large package of blueberries. I bought them to use in the new blender for making smoothies but I took a large handful and used them in these muffins. I will put a recipe in the appropriate forum.

View attachment 113825
Why are the tops red?

I wrote a response and, apparently, forgot to post it. The red is just decorative sugar that we use at Christmas time for cookies. Do you like the look?
To be brutally honest, no (sorry). It puts me off instantly. It looks wrong for blueberry muffins which was why I was asking.

But I was raised to avoid all (artifical) colourings and preservatives, not to mention sugar and so on... My brother was a hyperactive kid with Aspergers and additives and colourings just made him worse.

Back
Top Bottom